Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the logo looks flat and adding a net (finally) which is the team's name would make sense as well.

bklnets.png

They should have come to you for last minute changes. This just puts it over the top, I'm a Nets fan so the logo has already grown on me but I think it would be classic if they added the Net and the pop-out which you did.

A quick paint job gave me this (which I think is a lot better then what came out):

7119520519_d31480924c_z.jpg

1) I think the dark blue ball on brighter red background looks odd. It has a photo-negative quality; the seams of the basketball should be darker than the panels.

2) You can't have that "B" - it's spoken for. :P But you've got the right idea - something that can stand on its own.

I flipped the colors around and it looks better. I know but I love the Dodgers logo and just wanted to throw it in there.

7119885767_b96e684f24.jpg

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

If the Yankees were a new team today, and all they had was an interlocking NY to show their fans, I'm sure they'd be met with the same level of WTF as the Nets are currently experiencing. Comparing a simple yet iconic image such as the Yankee NY with the Nets is apples to oranges. The Yankee NY has remained relatively unchanged for decades, all the while, hall of famers have worn it, championship pennants have adorned it, etc. THAT is why the NY is iconic. Not because it's simple.

And it's a secondary logo, not a primary. An overly simple thing like that will be appropriate when basketball caps or helmets are implemented. Although it would be fine on the shorts (seen the '80s Knicks.)

And it's a secondary logo, not a primary. An overly simple thing like that will be appropriate when basketball caps or helmets are implemented. Although it would be fine on the shorts (seen the '80s Knicks.)

That might be true for the Yankees, but I think that was just an example that was brought up.

This team happens to have an almost equally famous logo that also happens to be a primary:

406.gif

And you really can't get simpler than that.

That might be true for the Yankees, but I think that was just an example that was brought up.

This team happens to have an almost equally famous logo:

406.gif

And you really can't get simpler than that.

Yea you can.

dallas-cowboys-1960-63-throwback-riddell-deluxe-replica-helmet-1-t602072-500.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1) I think the dark blue ball on brighter red background looks odd. It has a photo-negative quality; the seams of the basketball should be darker than the panels.

2) You can't have that "B" - it's spoken for. :P But you've got the right idea - something that can stand on its own.

Agreed. When adidas was still working the project, the main focus (at least for me) was creating a unique but conservative B with an accompanying typeface. Black and gold was also coincidentally the color scheme they were pushing hardest. A lot of people are running with that scheme in this thread.

Wait. So will their colors be black and gold?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

From the leaked merchandise, it seems obvious that, like most NBA teams these days, they'll be pushing the secondary B-ball by itself as a pseudo-primary.

I like the MLB cap comparisons. If they are trying to go iconic, it's hard to argue that a B on a basketball will say anything other than Brooklyn Nets from now on, no matter how many generic T-shirts were sold at Old Navy or TJ Maxx.

Still, it doesn't fix my biggest problem with the primary: that B. Without it I'd like it much better as a modernization of the current, and they could still use the B-ball as a secondary. Wish the basketball and the B were just a little less generic.

My question about all this is, what will the entire team font look like? Because usually most team fonts are not the fonts shown in the logo. I have a feeling the Nets are going to have a script font on their uniforms.

I'm not feeling ANY of this...Thank God they're out of Jersey...
I hate all of this as well. But watch what you say about New Jersey...
You have an uncanny ability for misinterpreting posts..."Thank God they're out of Jersey" is actually a compliment to the state. Thank God we rid ourselves of these uncreative sacks of turd. Please try to take a moment to let the gist of the post sink in before commenting.

Are you talking about me or JQK?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Still, it doesn't fix my biggest problem with the primary: that B. Without it I'd like it much better as a modernization of the current, and they could still use the B-ball as a secondary. Wish the basketball and the B were just a little less generic.

Still thinking about it, one of the problems I have with the B is that it's so narrow. Looks odd on the round ball, which is a shame because it could be a very effective secondary.

somehow i think the nets suits would take that as a compliment. I say this because i read that they were looking to go retro with this new branding. I guess that somehow screams brooklyn style

Maybe, but at least put some damn color in there....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived