NFL Logos Revamped

raysox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bills, Bears, Broncos, Browns, Colts and Rams are league-ready. Someone get Goodell on the phone.

As a Niner fan I love the logo but that "49" should be "SF". The SF is iconic. Can't change it now.

mainescarf.png

I like the Ravens and Buccaneers, though that Bucs logo isn't as good as Buc's Bucs logo. (ahhhhhhhhh)

Most of them are too clever for their own good. Simplicity is key.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

-way too many little wispy details going on in some all of them

While I don't think they're all absolutely awful, I agree with infrared: I don't see the appeal. All the designs are OK, but stylistically, they're all quite similar. As logos, none of them would really work. They're too complex. As pieces of art they might be OK, but I personally wouldn't give them a second look if they were on display in a museum, etc. "Oh that's nice. What's next?"

There's a lot going on in some of these and he really needs to simplify (They're supposed to be logos, we're not drawing the Thundercats). But I really love the ideas for a lot of these. The hardest part in redesigning a logo that you've seen a thousand times is getting that image out of your head and coming up with a fresh perspective. If I tried to do this I'd basically end up redrawing 32 logos that look a lot like worse versions of the NFL team logos. That's what impresses me the most here.

I think the Jaguars, Colts, Bills, Ravens, and Cowboys could all use his logos as is and they'd look great. A few like the Vikings and Panthers are a few tweaks away from being primary logo material. With some simplification, the Patriots, Jets, Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs (though the league wouldn't be keen on adding native american imagery), could have some solid secondary logos. Most of the animal logos would work for small collegiate or high school teams, but I don't like them for the NFL.

Then there's some I just don't like at all. Those would be the Texans, Titans, Dolphins (trying too hard to cram that M in there), Bengals (is he smiling?), Raiders, Steelers, Saints, and Giants.

One of the cooler topics Ive seen here in a long time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

All of these are really cool.

But I really couldn't see the Steelers, Bears, Cowboys or, Packers changing their logos.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

He did some very creative stuff there. Not all of them would be great for NFL teams to adopt but some are pretty cool.

Those I liked: Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, New England, New York Jets, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Philadelphia.

Archived