Prelude to Denver Broncos new duds?

jhans203

So I found these on Fanzz.com this morning. Granted this isn't a jersey, just the jersey shirts. But, the numbers are different from the original rounded numbers on the orange and blue. They look customized? But is this just a fashion jersey shirt? I don't know? Any thoughts?

Sorry it won't let me post the image on here. Here is the blue shirt and orange shirt link instead.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering FanZZZZZZ has had less than 24 hours to put that graphic together, I'd have to assume it's just a placeholder until the real shirts are made and a photo of them can be posted.

6uXNWAo.png

Considering FanZZZZZZ has had less than 24 hours to put that graphic together, I'd have to assume it's just a placeholder until the real shirts are made and a photo of them can be posted.

But if it's a placeholder, why couldn't they use the correct font like they did with the women's shirts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm pretty sure Fanzz.com is a legit website, but they have some horrible photoshopped items. The "V" on the side of this Illinois basketball jersey is 2 or 3 times thicker than it should be.

http://www.fanzz.com/Illinois_Fighting_Illini_3_Basketball_Replica_Jersey_Orange/Illinois_Fighting_Illini_3_Basketball_Replica_Jersey_Orange__shop-DPS-110138-110142.html

How will Manning be wearing 18? Isn't it retired?

#18 is retired, but they're going to let him wear it.

By THEY you actually mean the man who it was retired for. Manning got direct permission from Frank Tripucka.

87Redskins.png

Manning had No. 14, No. 16 and No. 18 jerseys ready for the press conference, apparently called Tripucka and said he didn't want to wear it, and Tripucka said he really wanted him to and it would mean a lot to him.

I believe I read that in the LA Times. Someone else probably already put that info in another thread around here.

And double retirement? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Manning had No. 14, No. 16 and No. 18 jerseys ready for the press conference, apparently called Tripucka and said he didn't want to wear it, and Tripucka said he really wanted him to and it would mean a lot to him.

I believe I read that in the LA Times. Someone else probably already put that info in another thread around here.

If he plays out the length of this contract and he wins a Super Bowl in Denver I think they'd retire 18 for him also.

Here's a question... why did Manning choose 18 for the Colts anyways? 16 was available as far as I can tell.

IUe6Hvh.png

If he plays out the length of this contract and he wins a Super Bowl in Denver I think they'd retire 18 for him also.

Here's a question... why did Manning choose 18 for the Colts anyways? 16 was available as far as I can tell.

Maybe he wanted 18 in college but it was taken when he got to Tennessee so he wore 16 instead? And after hearing Peyton during the press conference and the report that he had other jerseys ready for it, I take back my comment about him making the wrong decision. It sounds like he really did respect the number and it was Tripucka's idea for Manning to take 18.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I still tend to think that it was the wrong decision. Just as I think it was wrong for Jerry Rice to wear #80 in Seattle.

Agreed. I'll be curious to hear Manning's reaction in 25 years when some star asks to wear 18 when HE joins the Colts.

It's where I sit.

Archived