Breakdown of Seattle Seahawks New Uniforms

CDixonDesign

overall id say a little bit of a let down, although the stripes (?) going across the chest kinda remind me of their stadium.

also i think the wings are meant to look like something from native american art. almost identical wings can be seen here

4774d1209068922-need-help-soon-creating-totem-pole-hunt_tony_raven_x.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I like is that they simplified the color scheme.

Navy

Electric Green

Silver

The previous iteration had too many colors fighting for prominence...were they navy, Northwest blue, green, silver, or that darker blue shade formed by the sweat stains?

Then again, maybe there are multiple shades of each color because of the weird wing pattern embedded in the fabric.

I don't know.

FAIL.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

also i think the wings are meant to look like something from native american art. almost identical wings can be seen here

Yes, but said elements have the benefit of being seen in the context of the entire depiction of the bird, so that we recognize them for what they are: Pacific Northwest Native American depictions of "wings" and/or feathers. In the context of the Seahawks uniforms, they look like nothing so much as depictions of the letter "U" in a stylized font.

Navy

Electric Green

Silver Wolf Grey

Fixed your post. All the rumors about Nike returning "Silver" to the Seahawks' color palette was squelched with the introduction of the bland, matte, "dirty laundry" Wolf Grey to the scheme.

As hawk36 put it, rather than a cohesive whole, these uniforms represent nothing so much as a "hodge podge" of currently trendy design elements that have been randomly "thrown together". The result is a jarringly disjointed mess that cannot possibly hope to stand the test of time.

Couldn't agree more. It looks like design-by-committee, without an overriding unifying aesthetic.

Elements all jumbled together as if to satisfy the various marketing interests and design teams. No cohesion, no single identity.

As hawk36 put it, rather than a cohesive whole, these uniforms represent nothing so much as a "hodge podge" of currently trendy design elements that have been randomly "thrown together". The result is a jarringly disjointed mess that cannot possibly hope to stand the test of time.

Couldn't agree more. It looks like design-by-committee, without an overriding unifying aesthetic.

Elements all jumbled together as if to satisfy the various marketing interests and design teams. No cohesion, no single identity.

That may explain the love coming from people/

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The helmet stripe bugs me:

1. It's that really thick stripe that Georgia used.

2. It's barely visible.

3. What exactly is the pattern on the stripe?

The first thing that came to my mind was little crowns. Seattle is in King County. Hmmm...

helmet-01--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

What's weird to me is that the solid part looks like some guy painted it with a spray can in his garage.

Simply spectacular. A wholesale upgrade for the Seahawks. Bravo Nike, the NFL and the organization.

Troll alert! JK man, but I think you're going to define the term minority when it comes to liking that look.

Speaking of definitions...so this is "the new look of intimidation"? LMAO at that. That look might intimidate the Omaha Beef but I don't think anyone in the NFL will be doing anything but laughing.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think these two combos are the best:

white-blue-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

blue-grey-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

Home blue with gray pants and away white with blue pants. I like the set as a whole...certainly a step out there, but overall reminds me a bit of the step that the Broncos took with the jersey strip going into the pant stripe.

^ This is the optimal look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Seahawks look so out of place with the rest of the NFL now. I hope we'll see some more changes in the coming years to fix that (and by that I mean more unique looks, not getting rid of this new look):

555558_404952519515371_124443954232897_1553397_1218275025_n.jpg

Look at this picture. All these teams look like such class. Except for that one stupid looking mutha:censored:a in the front row, in between Giants and Broncos.

Why Seattle, Why?!? That has to be worst football uniform in the ENTIRE history of the sport, dating back to the 1900's. XFL, CFL, USFL, and College FB all included. At this point, Im beginning to think its Oregon just straight punkin their neighbors to the North. First we have Adidas giving the Sounders duct-tape bra straps, electric glowsticks, and then mixing those glowsticks with a goalie kit to produce "Super Cyan," now Nike (from Portland) does THIS to the Seahawks.

What next ...Mariners Aquatic-inspired Rainbows?!?

NYCdog.png

The Seahawks look so out of place with the rest of the NFL now. I hope we'll see some more changes in the coming years to fix that (and by that I mean more unique looks, not getting rid of this new look):

Look at this picture. All these teams look like such class. Except for that one stupid looking mutha:censored:a in the front row, in between Giants and Broncos.

Why Seattle, Why?!? That has to be worst football uniform in the ENTIRE history of the sport, dating back to the 1900's. XFL, CFL, USFL, and College FB all included. At this point, Im beginning to think its Oregon just straight punkin their neighbors to the North. First we have Adidas giving the Sounders duct-tape bra straps, electric glowsticks, and then mixing those glowsticks with a goalie kit to produce "Super Cyan," now Nike (from Portland) does THIS to the Seahawks.

I think they did what they accomplished by bringing a modern look into the NFL. People think these are horrible, but at least their whole set matches unlike those hideous Cowboy uniforms. For the love of all things, fix your color scheme Dallas.

spacer.png

I think they did what they accomplished by bringing a modern look into the NFL. People think these are horrible, but at least their whole set matches unlike those hideous Cowboy uniforms. For the love of all things, fix your color scheme Dallas.

1. Your syntax is terrible

2. There's a reason that no NFL teams had this kind of 'modern look' before now.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

2. There's a reason that no NFL teams had this kind of 'modern look' before now.

1. Ooooh, big word there "syntax". Don't just say grammar.

2. Absolutely. Seattle looks like a college team now. Count me in as someone who liked their "scuba" look. It was unique, but it wasn't overly loud. The colors really suited the Seahawks well. As soon as you saw that uniform, you knew they were the Seahawks. There was a sense of identity that's completely lacking with this garbage they have now. They look like Oregon.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Navy

Electric Green

Silver Wolf Grey

Fixed your post. All the rumors about Nike returning "Silver" to the Seahawks' color palette was squelched with the introduction of the bland, matte, "dirty laundry" Wolf Grey to the scheme.

"Wolf Grey"? That's what Nike is calling that color? "Wolf Grey"?

Far as those "wing things", I think they look more like laurels, myself.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think these two combos are the best:

white-blue-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

blue-grey-combo--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

Home blue with gray pants and away white with blue pants. I like the set as a whole...certainly a step out there, but overall reminds me a bit of the step that the Broncos took with the jersey strip going into the pant stripe.

^ This is the optimal look.

If we're gonna find the blue, green, and silver lining in this identity, then I agree. These are the 2 best looks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1. Ooooh, big word there "syntax". Don't just say grammar.

2. Absolutely. Seattle looks like a college team now. Count me in as someone who liked their "scuba" look. It was unique, but it wasn't overly loud. The colors really suited the Seahawks well. As soon as you saw that uniform, you knew they were the Seahawks. There was a sense of identity that's completely lacking with this garbage they have now. They look like Oregon.

1. I loved the last uniform they had and I felt that no change was needed.

2. I like the way Oregon looks on the field (except for those chrome helmets) and that is largely why I like this look. However, I wish they would lose the grey completely and this would have been a much better set.

spacer.png

The Jersey is fine IMO.

One problem, you do a change for one team, why not 10 or 15 more. I know it's up to the team, but still. Majorly disappointing unveiling.

Because why burn 15 potential separate publicity opportunities at the same time.

Not saying to do a Seahawk-esque change. How about a striping, font, wordmark, etc, change.

I guarantee, no one is happy with what the Panthers did. Or didn't do.

Wrong, I love the way the Panthers uniforms look, and the apparel is solid looking as well. I'm very pleasantly surprised. This is coming from a Panther fan who hated any idea of change, and has been a fan since the team's inception.

Post of the day. Dallas' uniforms suck, to be polite. Especially the white jerseys. Pick a shade of blue already.

Archived