2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Women's and men's team are getting same kit? That's great if true.

It is true. It's been confirmed by Nike and the national teams.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current Chelsea kits are better than next year's; I dislike the gold and like the white shoulder yoke that is currently used.

USA has good kits and I guess it's cool that the men and women are getting the same kit (why not, right?) but the number placement, which stops a red stripe looks bad and should be modified to have the red stripe come closer to the number. Or modify them in a different way.

The current Chelsea kits are better than next year's; I dislike the gold and like the white shoulder yoke that is currently used.

USA has good kits and I guess it's cool that the men and women are getting the same kit (why not, right?) but the number placement, which stops a red stripe looks bad and should be modified to have the red stripe come closer to the number. Or modify them in a different way.

The gap in the stripe is as wide as it is to accomodate double digit numbers.

At least Chelsea's gold won't look out of place if they end up wearing it in the FA Cup final and get a win.

And I still love the US kit. The only thing that bothers me is the shadow sash, but at least that won't be too noticeable if your'e just watching the game. And seeing Donovan wearing 10 will probably mean that everybody will get their first choice of number when non-friendly competitions start up.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The font's the same they've been using, if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct. I guess I'd never noticed how stupid the bottom right inner corner of the 0 is before.

The dots, though... why? Why not just solid navy?

Exactly

I think the dots are a nice solution to thick screen print or silicone when done well. Makes it lighter and more flexible, something ive done a few different ways on performance fabric in the past.

These are too spaced out though. If it was reversed so the dots were the garment instead of the ink it'd be much better, and probably have less of them.

The font's the same they've been using, if I'm not mistaken. The dots, though... why? Why not just solid navy?

I would assume Nike views this as no different than any other sublimated pattern they design into uniforms, such as on the numbers of the new Seahawks jersey. It's all about effect, an attempt to elicit reaction when someone notices that those gray numbers, up close, actually have a pattern in them. Gee whiz, neato, etc.

The font's the same they've been using, if I'm not mistaken. The dots, though... why? Why not just solid navy?

I would assume Nike views this as no different than any other sublimated pattern they design into uniforms, such as on the numbers of the new Seahawks jersey. It's all about effect, an attempt to elicit reaction when someone notices that those gray numbers, up close, actually have a pattern in them. Gee whiz, neato, etc.

I think it is a little different. I think they are trying to tie it back to a marketing feature of the uniform (the laser-cut holes for breathability and weight reduction) as opposed to a school/team specific pattern like TCU's frog skin numbers. The last set had the reverse of these and also included the holes on the side.

I didn't care for them much on those France shirts, either. They looked silver/gray, which looked totally out of place.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hopefully it looks ok in the actual game. Here's a shot of what should be the same effect, France's "dotted" numbers jersey. Dark blue dotted numbers on a white background. Not too bad.

PA-12928177.jpg

I've seen them on tv for a France game and still didn't like them. It's looks like an entirely different color in the mix.

Archived