2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

The kit doesnt need the tonal sash, you cant even tell its there, so why have it? Its a great kit without it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new US home is amazing. I'll try to get one next chance I get. Hopefully now they've found a look that sticks.

I started following soccer sometime in the last decade, and until the 2010 World Cup I thought the navy blue jerseys were their home kits. Would've made sense since to the best of my knowledge only USA and Scotland wear navy blue. Others, like France and Italy, prefer royal blue, apparently.

I don't mind the sash. It doesn't take away from the design at all. The numbers could be improved I guess by making them solid or just keeping te same pattern from last cycle but I really don't mind them.

I agree with all of you about the crest though. I know there are plenty of designers on here who could do wonders. Any one down to petition??

I don't mind the sash. It doesn't take away from the design at all. The numbers could be improved I guess by making them solid or just keeping te same pattern from last cycle but I really don't mind them.

I agree with all of you about the crest though. I know there are plenty of designers on here who could do wonders. Any one down to petition??

I feel it does take away from the design. The design is the hoops, not the sash, and when you realize that there's a sash stuffed into your hoops, you feel violated. Imagine if there were tonal pinstripes or tonal vertical stripes embedded in your sash design. Just not a good idea. it doesn't make any of the designs stronger. If you're going to do the sash, do the sash. If you want the tri-color collar, then have it. Otherwise, leave the hoops and let them speak for what they are. Likewise on the collar.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's a unifying element across all the shirts. I love the ghost sashes.

If the US was my national team, I'd get one without the numbers. Good on them for giving the option.

Aren't you from... Wisconsin?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...and when you realize that there's a stash stuffed into your hoops, you feel violated.

Hahaha.

The sash actually isn't really bothering me, and I think that's mostly because you can't really see it at first glance. But perhaps that speaks a lot to its presence on the shirt in the first place.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I feel it does take away from the design. The design is the hoops, not the sash, and when you realize that there's a stash stuffed into your hoops, you feel violated. Imagine if there were tonal pinstripes or tonal vertical stripes embedded in your sash design. Just not a good idea. it doesn't make any of the designs stronger. If you're going to do the sash, do the sash. If you want the tri-color collar, then have it. Otherwise, leave the hoops and let them speak for what they are. Likewise on the collar.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I might agree if the sash was present in the white area too or if it appeared navy within the hoops, but it's not. It's a SLIGHTLY different tone of red.

I enjoy this sash stuffed in my hoops.

Eh... Not really a fan. It's not that there is really anything wrong with the kit (though it could use some little things like sleeve cuffs and hooped socks) but as this jersey won't be used for any Olympic showings or really any matches that are meaningful (no confederation's cup), I really have no motivation to pick one up. The shirt has to be outstanding and they'd have to absolutely butcher the next one if I'm going to pick up a non-World Cup shirt.

Eh... Not really a fan. It's not that there is really anything wrong with the kit (though it could use some little things like sleeve cuffs and hooped socks) but as this jersey won't be used for any Olympic showings or really any matches that are meaningful (no confederation's cup), I really have no motivation to pick one up. The shirt has to be outstanding and they'd have to absolutely butcher the next one if I'm going to pick up a non-World Cup shirt.

That's the other kicker. I wouldn't buy it just because of the sash, but on top of that, the stale, re-used numeral style, the lack of unifying design and premium details amongst the cuffs and socks, and the fact that this might not be similar in any way to their World Cup shirt makes me even less likely to pick one up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's a unifying element across all the shirts. I love the ghost sashes.

If the US was my national team, I'd get one without the numbers. Good on them for giving the option.

Aren't you from... Wisconsin?

Lots of people cheer for the national teams from where their ancestral homes are before cheering for the US. Germany, Ireland, Italy, England, etc. can all take precedence over the US for some people.

spacer.png

I root for the US first but because they aren't a power I fall to my ancestral roots and root for Germany second.

But I'm all US if they played Germany.

Doesn't make any sense to me either to be American and not root for them but to each their own.

...and to that I say meh. But I'm a jerk that way.

..and to that I agree (about Americans rooting for another country over the U.S., not about Mockba being a jerk). I have a few friends who weren't born here who still root for the U.S. over their home countries. In fact, one of them wrote an editorial in the local paper about how appalled he is that most Americans don't take enough pride in their national team. Sadly, I really can't disagree with that sentiment.

..and to that I agree (about Americans rooting for another country over the U.S., not about Mockba being a jerk). I have a few friends who weren't born here who still root for the U.S. over their home countries. In fact, one of them wrote an editorial in the local paper about how appalled he is that most Americans don't take enough pride in their national team. Sadly, I really can't disagree with that sentiment.

eh, when Landon Donovan is the face of the team, it isn't all that appalling to look the other way.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

eh, when Landon Donovan is the face of the team, it isn't all that appalling to look the other way.

I'd say Clint dempseys currently the face of us soccer.

I also have a few friends who were born on Mexico that fully support the usmnt. Like Pablo Francisco says! "of you love Mexico so much then to back"

I root for the US first but because they aren't a power I fall to my ancestral roots and root for Germany second.

But I'm all US if they played Germany.

Doesn't make any sense to me either to be American and not root for them but to each their own.

I'm the same way. US all the way, then Germany in a very far second, then Ireland.

spacer.png

Archived