2013 Houston Astros Uniforms

Bouj

Here's rooting for a navy + orange + gold scheme, navy and/or orange hats, use either the current open star (re-colored) or a modernized H-star...

No more black, brick, sand or pinstripes, please...

This is what I was thinking as well after seeing some old photos on CBS' blog. We kind of default to navy and orange, by why not use the gold from the sunrise era as well? It would make it a unique scheme. And as far as the cap, I'm okay either way. I prefer a modernization of the H Star, but what they have could work as long as those modernized shooting star jerseys incorporate it as well.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing the shooting star jerseys in action, I've changed my mind on them and I think they should go back to that as much as possible. Perhaps they could add the Texas flag like they had during the Colt .45 days and perhaps have NOBs, but I really liked what I saw.

Just noticed everyone on your FW Cats sig. That would be sweet.... :lol:

Heh, I need to update that signature. The Bombers are my Continental League team (3-3 and winning!), but I stole the FTW logo from the Cats

I, too, would like to see them go to the shooting star look, but I'd also like to see the Astros have the shooting star for road uniforms, only with HOUSTON under the shooting star.

(Yeah, I know, I'm the guy who doesn't mind seeing the team name on road uniforms. But I think this would look kind of cool.)

I feel like I'm the only person who isn't a fan of the Astros' shooting star identity. Honestly, I don't think they've ever had a really GOOD uni set (although I am kind of partial to the 90s set even though it's obviously pretty dated). I wouldn't be surprised to see the shooting star set return in a modernized form though.

330zl3b.png

And see, that's just my problem with it, too.

The thing is, there's two shooting star sets?the one from the '60s, and the one from the '90s. And while the from the '90s has a very obvious sense of motion, the '60s set just looks...stagnant. And the star is just...sitting there, like a skittle at the end of a rainbow or something.

All that said, I think it's pretty clear that the next set will be heavily influencec by that '60s set. (Or at least that's my guess.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And see, that's just my problem with it, too.

The thing is, there's two shooting star sets?the one from the '60s, and the one from the '90s. And while the from the '90s has a very obvious sense of motion, the '60s set just looks...stagnant. And the star is just...sitting there, like a skittle at the end of a rainbow or something.

All that said, I think it's pretty clear that the next set will be heavily influencec by that '60s set. (Or at least that's my guess.)

Alone these lines, my gut feeling says that it's going to be the 60's set with a sense on motion added to it, although not to the extent of the 90's jerseys. Navy and orange with a 90's era gold outline around the star and tail. The script will be updated kind of like what the Blue Jays did this year. Clearly influenced by the past, but not stuck there. I think this has the possibility to be a great set.

I actually like the 1990s navy and gold set best of all. It was clean, yet modern. I really hate the current set since it's trying to so hard to escape its nickname.

I think the Astros can go in many ways. They can go steampunk, Jules Verne with black and bronze. Move forward a few years and they could go art deco, Flash Gordon with silver and black. Go to 1960, and they can go with a Jetsons look like the Lancaster Jethawks.

My guess is, though, the team will go with something safe, like a tweaking of the 1960s design.

I actually like the 1990s navy and gold set best of all. It was clean, yet modern. I really hate the current set since it's trying to so hard to escape its nickname.

The 90s set was nice, and fit the identity well. But it's stuck in the 90s, and it should stay there.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm afraid it's gonna be a cluster. I hope to God they return to the H-star cap...orange or navy. The current "shooting star" cap that just sits there, with the missing part on its side, is a terrible design. Fix the damn star so it's a star. I hope it's nearly exactly like the 60s unis with a slight modification to the the wordmark. Minute Maid will look great in orange and blue, and it's gonna cost Crane an arm and a leg to re-brand the property. No biggie, he's got the coin.

7143823017_d6a8951bf1_o.jpg

That text is terrible, and the star is terribly awkward.

But the stirrups with the star? Yes.

>>>>>

The text could be modified, but the current flashback Friday version isn't all that bad at all IMO. I too am not big on pin-stripes. Only a few teams should have them, like NYY, ChiSox, Cubs, and the Twins & Brewers retros. I couldn't believe when the Twins wore them on their 90s and '00 gray roadies, yikes!!! Not a fan of the Phillies candy-apple pin-stripes either, yet their 1948's they wear alternately at home with the blue and red cap are among one of my favorites.

My idea was to go back to these uniforms based on the above, just tweak 'em up a bit to make them even better. Just like Toronto did with their new-old look this season. That was a true brand. I still don't know why they strayed from them after back to back WS Titles. Glad they brought 'em back.

As far as the Texas flag, whomever recommended that I'd stay away from that idea since the Texas Rangers already have it on their sleeve and they're both gonna be in the AL West. I still think the Milwaukee Brewers were the obvious choice to go to the AL. I don't get the reasoning on that one. Now there's not gonna be any NL baseball in Texas.

Oh well.

Here's rooting for a navy + orange + gold scheme, navy and/or orange hats, use either the current open star (re-colored) or a modernized H-star...

This is what I was thinking as well after seeing some old photos on CBS' blog. We kind of default to navy and orange, by why not use the gold from the sunrise era as well? It would make it a unique scheme. And as far as the cap, I'm okay either way. I prefer a modernization of the H Star, but what they have could work as long as those modernized shooting star jerseys incorporate it as well.

Yeah,

I think Yellow/Sport Gold, Orange/Red and Blue/Light Blue have been taken already by the Marlins.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Yeah,

I think Yellow/Sport Gold, Orange/Red and Blue/Light Blue have been taken already by the Marlins.

No one mentioned light blue or even royal, the Marlins barely use gold/yellow, and the Astros would be dumping black in that scenario. I don't see a problem at all. Navy + orange + gold =/= the Marlins.

As do I. Not a big fan of that subtle gradient, but otherwise I think it would make for a perfect set.

I think thats a watermark by the creator

EDIT: Mockba beat me to it.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

newastros31.png

Courtesy of NdWas... Best rebrand I've ever seen for the Astros. Please!

I like it!

As do I. Not a big fan of that subtle gradient, but otherwise I think it would make for a perfect set.

A navy blue cap, with a white H and orange ring - can someone mock this up? Maybe an orange cap too (but with a blue ring)

newastros31.png

Courtesy of NdWas... Best rebrand I've ever seen for the Astros. Please!

I like it!

A navy blue cap, with a white H and orange ring - can someone mock this up? Maybe an orange cap too (but with a blue ring)

So clever. You got the "H", the "A" and a subtle star all in one!

Go A's!

Archived