2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the NOB font correct or did it use one of Adidas' generics? The Bucks one was wrong, the Pacers and Bulls were correct but used the current smaller size, and the Suns looked off.

I'll try to do a comparison...I've got both the original Style Guide sheets for all of them (except the Bulls' pinstriped Black uni), and the current Hardwood Classics reproductions.

Just watched the Pacers/Heat highlights. Hands down, that's how the Pacers should look. I know a lot of people hate it, and I know their new (bland) set appeals to the design crowd who suckle from the teat of simplicity, but the streaks of gold and beautiful navy pinstripes make the white of the uniform glow. It felt great to watch the Pacers look like the Pacers for the first time in many years.

[/awaits backlash]

I completely agree, especially with that last sentence.

160787589.jpg160787570.jpg160787579.jpg

Ahh....yes.

I love the Hawks jerseys. Makes me mad they don't use these colors full time. Easily one of the most attractive color combinations in the NBA. I have mixed feelings about the shorts. The line on the side almost single handily ruins the shorts for me.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

This trend of there being no keys really needs to stop. It's stupid.

But having lines that mean nothing on the court isn't stupid?

I don't know how sharing works anymore, since I don't think any courts still have both NBA and College 3 point lines, but unless a college team regularly plays at the arena (like Villanova in Philadelphia) there's simply no need for those lines and their inclusion is generally just to serve as a template that they can use to color different parts of the lane different colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But having lines that mean nothing on the court isn't stupid?

I don't know how sharing works anymore, since I don't think any courts still have both NBA and College 3 point lines, but unless a college team regularly plays at the arena (like Villanova in Philadelphia) there's simply no need for those lines and their inclusion is generally just to serve as a template that they can use to color different parts of the lane different colors.

It's just something that we've been use to for years and years. It looks much better and the paint area is much too wide for the keys to be eliminated, unlike a college court where it seemingly looks natural, atleast in my opinion.

bSLCtu2.png

Just watched the Pacers/Heat highlights. Hands down, that's how the Pacers should look. I know a lot of people hate it, and I know their new (bland) set appeals to the design crowd who suckle from the teat of simplicity, but the streaks of gold and beautiful navy pinstripes make the white of the uniform glow. It felt great to watch the Pacers look like the Pacers for the first time in many years.

[/awaits backlash]

I agree, the pinstripe Pacers' look is far better than I ever gave it credit for.

In comparison to the overly simplistic, characterless milquetoast sets they have now, you dang skippy they are. The yellow sidepanels really sey them off (on the primaries, anyway)...but that extra outline on the scripts and the numbers really muddied them up, almost to the point of being illegible especially when set up against those pinstripes. Overall, though, it was a good look—but it still wasn't better than the Flo-Jos. B)

Matter of fact, as a shameless plug ( :P ), here's something ain't none of y'all never seen before...because this is the first time I've ever posted it:

INDpacers_stylebook3a_zpse82b9bbc.png

Look cool, except I'm not sure how that flair would look on opposite sides of the top and bottom while being worn.

I don't mind this one so much, seeing as the extra lanes were the same color anyway. Weird to see a team change their court midseason though. Is this not unusual?

In regards to the Miami Heat; get rid of the useless drop shadow, and that red set is fantastic. Dropshadows have a tendency to ruin everything.

I agree with this dropshadows need to go

Well, and those red jerseys are horrendous with that drop shadow. But, I have no problem with their current set now. I think it works much better than their 1988-2000 set.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived