2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I like the design on the front. But that's not a basketball jersey. The NBA doesn't allow t-shirts to be worn under jerseys so I don't understand why this would fly. Not to mention the super tight sleeves look uncomfortable to me. I feel like it'd chafe my armpits.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the design on the front. But that's not a basketball jersey. The NBA doesn't allow t-shirts to be worn under jerseys so I don't understand why this would fly. Not to mention the super tight sleeves look uncomfortable to me. I feel like it'd chafe my armpits.

Most players wear compression tanks underneath their uniform currently, they are just not cotton.

Plus, there are a growing number of players who wear a compression sleeve from their wrist to above the elbow and it is a different color than the uniform. Just make it one layer.

Most players wear compression tanks underneath their uniform currently, they are just not cotton.

Plus, there are a growing number of players who wear a compression sleeve from their wrist to above the elbow and it is a different color than the uniform. Just make it one layer.

So the next step is long sleeves?

So the next step is long sleeves?

Why not? The NBA did airbrush away Iverson's tattoos for their "Hoop" magazine a decade ago. I would not put it past them.

The Evansville Purple Aces, they ain't.

The pinstriped shorts are certifiably baffling. For someone who made a baseball comparison: That's baseball. Accepted design principles in one sport don't necessarily transfer to other sports. And even the baseball analogy fails at a fundamental level, because a baseball concept featuring a solid white jersey with pinstriped pants would likely get laughed clear off these boards.

This is a soccer jersey on top of softball pants being called a basketball uniform. It has so many layers of bad ideas layered on top of each other, it's a veritable phyllo dough of failure.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"The rationale is having a full shirt as the team's jersey allows people to represent their team in more settings. Unlike soccer, baseball and football, basketball uniforms are limited, from a fashion perspective, because they are sleeveless."

Translation, cash grab.

Archived