2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Werent the Warriors going to go with some shirt looking like jersey this year? I could've sworn I seen that here.

The leaked photo photo from a photo shoot was a t shirt. But it didn't match the shorts (pinstripes on shorts, not shirt also non matching yellows). It was most likely just the warm up shirt. They were not going with a t shirt as a jersey. But the latest files out there as nothing for the warriors now. So it appears any new jersey was scrapped for this season.

Ha, I was right!

Werent the Warriors going to go with some shirt looking like jersey this year? I could've sworn I seen that here.

The leaked photo photo from a photo shoot was a t shirt. But it didn't match the shorts (pinstripes on shorts, not shirt also non matching yellows). It was most likely just the warm up shirt. They were not going with a t shirt as a jersey. But the latest files out there as nothing for the warriors now. So it appears any new jersey was scrapped for this season.

Ha, I was right!

I was so sadly wrong. Someone at the unveiling said Adidas said they could always mess with with the colors if needed. But I don't buy that they will since after six months it still looks mis matched.

They did make other changes to the jersey from the prototype, like the side striping and bridge sublimated.

8125322144_f87b9918c1.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I just don't get the the sleeves thing at all. All the things Adidas was claiming that the new jersey provides are already provide by sleeveless jerseys. If someone wants to look like an 8th grade B team basketball player, then they can wearing 'fashion' sleeves under their jersey. I think we'll start seeing this in college as soon as next year. Hell, we might even see it this postseason, just like Adidas gave their teams new postseason uniforms last year.

Ha, I was right!

I was so sadly wrong. Someone at the unveiling said Adidas said they could always mess with with the colors if needed. But I don't buy that they will since after six months it still looks mis matched.

They did make other changes to the jersey from the prototype, like the side striping and bridge sublimated.

8125322144_f87b9918c1.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I was looking for the original picture.I was going to go all the way to the first page and go one by one. I even tried to do a google search, but nothing was showing up. The polished version is still bad but much better than the prototype.

I just interviewed the head of Adidas' global basketball business who said other teams plan to roll-out sleeved jerseys starting next year.

Adidas introduces sleeves to NBA jerseys

Interesting... Wonder which other teams will be brave enough to try it.

Can you say 2013 Christmas alternates? Hmmm

90758391980.gif

All that said, I expect sleeves to show up in abundance at the 2014 NBA All-Star game, if not on Christmas Day or in the D-League next season. Sleeves give adidas a lot more real estate to place three stripes on.

Yes, actually.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I thought the league didn't allow the three stripes on the uniforms - or do they just prohibit Adidas' logo?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These uniforms suck and it's not because of the sleeves. I'm not really against sleeves in basketball, but think it should be a player preference whether they wear them or not. Proviso East High School has always worn sleeves and they pump out NBA players as well as any public high school. The worst thing about these is just that the shorts have pinstripes and the jerseys don't. Imagine how bad a baseball team would look with a solid top and pinstriped pants of the same color. Or if a guy showed up to a job interview in a black suit jacket with pinstriped pants. They'd be laughed out of the room. I think these would be really good uniforms if they whole thing had pinstripes, but this uniform looks like the jersey and shorts come from two completely different sets.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I just interviewed the head of Adidas' global basketball business who said other teams plan to roll-out sleeved jerseys starting next year.

Adidas introduces sleeves to NBA jerseys

You just KNOW Miami is going to be one of the teams.

What is the justification for pinstripes on the pants but not on the jersey?

"Pinstripes arent really pinstripes... They're cables from the bridge..."-Rick Welts

I don't believe him. There's no way that bridge cables are 5.9% lighter than fabric pinstripes.

It wasn't the most outlandish thing I've heard about these, though:

Via 670thescore.com

“It was the right moment, the right team,” said Lawrence Norman, Adidas’ vice president of global basketball. “Even more important, the right city. When you launch something as innovative as this —that will change the way the players look on the court and the way the fans support the team forever — why not launch it in the most innovative part of the United States?”

Big talk. The last time I rolled my eyes this hard, the head of MTV was saying Robbie Williams (?) was their next big superstar.

Now for another dated and obscure reference: Jerry Leggett. Western Big Six. Quincy, then Moline. More Illinois high school basketball for you. Those jerseys looked better than these, though. Skin tight is rarely right.

I don't care what you say, I will listen the hell out of some "Rock DJ".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived