2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing good about the entire uniform is the front logo, word mark, and number combo. That's how the regular uniform should look...other than that...wow I will bet anyone here that all Adidas teams in the big dance will wear these with the tiger stripe shorts and neon colors.

Copperplate is never good.

As for the Warriors, they will debut the T-shirts on Feb. 22 vs. San Antonio, which almost certainly will produce a dramatic eye roll from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. In a remarkable coincidence, the game is being televised by ESPN.

Full story:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/11/warriors-to-sport-new-t-shirt-jerseys-from-adidas/

Any chance the teams that are rolling out new uniforms next season will have sleeved jerseys?

1083a_lg.jpeg

I could see the Celtics rolling out a throwback sleeved jersey since they wore one back in the '40s. But, I can bet you that the Christmas jerseys next year will be sleeved. Just watch. New York, Boston, L.A. Clips, L.A. Lakers, OKC, Chicago, Miami and Philly. I wouldn't be surprised though to see New Orleans, Phoenix and Seattle with a sleeved jersey.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Oh, okay, I see what you're seeing. I thought you were looking at the seam farther to the left. That just seems silly, if the jersey is going to be compression, why wear a compression tank underneath?

That's my point. :) The *only* benefit I can see to having a full tee would be to provide greater compression, yet as evidenced by Jarrett Jack, some players are going to wear their usual compression tank underneath anyway. Frankly, that could be a regular old cotton 'beater for all we know.

Frankly, it seems as if some players have resisted the tight-fitting, SoD-esque cut at both the NBA and NCAA levels. They just wear a larger size, and keep the tank top underneath. Go figure.

Any chance the teams that are rolling out new uniforms next season will have sleeved jerseys?

1083a_lg.jpeg

I could see the Celtics rolling out a throwback sleeved jersey since they wore one back in the '40s. But, I can bet you that the Christmas jerseys next year will be sleeved. Just watch. New York, Boston, L.A. Clips, L.A. Lakers, OKC, Chicago, Miami and Philly. I wouldn't be surprised though to see New Orleans, Phoenix and Seattle with a sleeved jersey.

+1 on the Celtics. The downside to the C's adherence to tradition is that they don't have many fun throwbacks to use to spike merch sales ("BOSTON" instead of "CELTICS" with hardly any other noticeable differences doesn't exactly move the needle). I could see them going with a sleeved tee as well.

Celtics gotta wear those socks if they go that route, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Celtics gotta wear those socks if they go that route, though.

I wish striped socks would become a thing again in the nba and with the current trend being free socks I could see it happening.

I don't see this becoming a trend and the warriors being the first team to do it doesn't help.

I think it's more likely these become a classic bad one off and the butt of plenty of ESpn jokes. Just can't picture players and teams agreeing to this.

The only thing good about the entire uniform is the front logo, word mark, and number combo. That's how the regular uniform should look...other than that...wow I will bet anyone here that all Adidas teams in the big dance will wear these with the tiger stripe shorts and neon colors.

Copperplate is never good.

No matter the font, the combo of the three is much better and more modern than their regular uniforms which seem to be trying too hard to be throwbacks with modern flair. The jerseys are growing me but the remainder of the uniform is horrendous!

It just seems like ... if you want to sell t-shirts that look like the jersey, then do so.

I'd be interested in a well-done t-shirt that mimicked the Nuggets alt, but this is what they come up with instead so of course no one's buying something that's so poorly done. Just do the concept well and surely they'd sell, whether players are wearing sleeves or not.

i'm the same way but we're in the minority. tees are easier to sell than tanks and the on court look is the prize possesion

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Remember a couple years ago, the league gave players a choice of wearing a regular jersey or a compression jersey in the all-star game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NO ONE opt for the compression jersey? Not even Derrick Rose, who was the model for them.

Archived