2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it to adidas to come up with something that could potentially catch on and then present it in a way that it can't be taken seriously at all.

The color difference between shorts and shirt is unacceptable, even if people argue that it's just the flash of that camera or something. This is the NBA. And the pinstripes on just the shorts? Why? Wasn't there enough "new" going on here? I admire the thought process, but damn, at least make it look professional. I wonder how this would've been received if they did it on the Spurs' gray alternates, or the Thunder's Navy/White alternates.

ugh

BC26WmaCcAIQKtF.jpg

That is the worst looking Basketball uniform I have seen in years for many reasons, one of them not being the sleeves. Good lord.

Nailed it. Sleeves on the uniform are not necessarily objectionable. I mention Evansville a couple of pages ago. Proviso East High School in suburban Chicago has used sleeved hoops unis for many years too. But sleeves in the context of this uniform, with its proliferation of mismatched elements and inability to do something so basic as match a shade of yellow between two uniform pieces, contribute to the overall air of, "Well, what the hell is this, anyway?"

All that said, I expect sleeves to show up in abundance at the 2014 NBA All-Star game, if not on Christmas Day or in the D-League next season. Sleeves give adidas a lot more real estate to place three stripes on.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Listening to the press conference made me nervous that this is going to become a thing.

This would have been much better if they experimented with the All-Star jerseys. Then they would find out everyone hates them and regulate it to a one year 'thing'.

But, you have to admit there is a lot more space now just PRIME for some ad space.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

While I still like the sleeves...I can't help but think how they sure do provide a lot of new real estate on the jersey for.......advertisements!

Oh :censored:... that's how they're going to do it. The sneaky bastards...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The fact that NBA owners can't agree on how to distribute jersey ad revenue is far more of an impediment than finding space to place said ads.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived