2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not understanding why the stripes don't go all the way around.. ugh

I'm with you on that one, its just silly. Other than that I like the change. It has more of a classic look to it and I kind of dig the suitableness of the grey.

the crewneck collar is dated (though other teams are still using it)

Nah, it just looks like a basketball jersey is supposed to look. The wishbone collars are the ones that look silly to me.

The oddly truncated armholes are one of the dumbest "features" I've ever seen on a uniform. Also, changing the wordmark as much as they did without totally reimagining it falls into the uncanny valley of Wal-Mart Counterfeit. Stong work, Adidas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I actually really like those new Knicks threads. I'd like to see what the shorts will look like.

I agree that the cut off stripes and gray-less numbers are pretty bothersome, but overall I like the look...

I really really like the wordmark...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

btw for how long will adidas ruining the nba? I mean when that contract expires if somebody knows....

You act like adidas just dropped a shipment of uniforms off at the Knicks offices and said "here you go, hope you like 'em!".

Good point.

I don't think those uniforms are timeless at all. The heat-press-style number font makes it look like an '80s rec team, the crewneck collar is dated (though other teams are still using it) and the thin pants piping looks old fashioned to me. Not classic, just old. I know that the Celtics have essentially the same formula, but it works better with two colors rather than three, and their font is more of a classic style.

I don't think the gray is a big deal in the new ones. Possibly unnecessary, but I think that blue, gray, and orange really work well together. We'll see how it actually looks when better pics emerge. At worst, it's benign. At best, it's a nice accent. In reality, many people might not even notice it.

I like using the new ball logo over that KNICKS 3d over ball thing. That's just horrible. I hope it's not on the new shorts.

The underarm design is rather pointless. I'm curious if there was a real reason (maybe there's a panel there that's material couldn't support a stripe or something) or if it was purely aesthetic. Either way, it's kinda dumb.

The shape of the wordmark is by far the most jarring thing about these. I don't understand the need to change it. There's a classic "pitch" (for lack of the technical term) to these types of things, and they've gone and messed that up. It's like it's straght but bent, rather than arched naturally. Just baffling. Of course, need to wait to see it all together.

The trimmed stripes look aesthetic to me. Just a different take on the classic jersey cut. Pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. You can always expect there to be something crazier and more innovative in the pipeline.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived