2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand the Christmas alternates. What does red on red, orange on orange or white on white (etc., etc.) have to do with Christmas? One of your highest-profile days and everyone wears illegible uniforms? What am I missing?

I always felt they looked like Christmas ornaments.

Most of the warmups feature new monogram marks that are pulled directly from their jersey lettering or logos. Kind of offbeat. The one I saw up close had a chainstitch monogram on the front. I really like that part.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

any update on the 76ers court? We got a hint that it might look like the old Spectrum floor several days ago, I really hope this is true.

The CEO hasn't replied to any tweets about it. He's really good about replying to fans - they fired the PA announcer earlier in the summer and just rehired the old one based on fan tweets.

I find it telling that he hasn't replied to anything about the court. I read it as "oh sh1t - that wasn't supposed to be in the video - someone's fired".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Columbia blue, navy blue, Tennesse orange, and gray??? My god why hasn't that team been contracted yet. For godsakes Stern what have you done!?!

Current/new Bobcats colors:

CharlotteBobcats_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Don, can we see a side-by-side with the official UNC blue?

(ps: that's darker than UT orange ;))

UNC's institutional Blue and athletics Blue vs. Bobcats Light Blue:

NorthCarolinaUOfInstBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngNorthCarolinaUOfAthlBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngCharlotteBobcatsLightBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

UT's Orange vs. Bobcats Orange:

TennesseeUOfAthlOrange_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngCharlotteBobcatsOrange_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

these are described as the on court warm up jacket on the lakers team store. also, is that LA logo new?

6938A_LAL_ALALKC_302_MF_Layrered_2_0.jpg6938A_LAL_ALALKC_3L9_MF_mr_3.jpg

Wow, loving the "LA" monogram. I don't recall seeing it before, it may be new...

Is it not just the "La" from the primary logotype (with a stroke around it):

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Well yeah. Duh. :lol:

.... what the hell?

A few pages behind there, man. The greatest thing about it, is, "THUDNER!"

i think he was talking about "oklahoma city" written on the back of the pants in what looks to be cursive

thunder-alternate-uniforms-1-530x351.jpg

these are described as the on court warm up jacket on the lakers team store. also, is that LA logo new?

Wow, loving the "LA" monogram. I don't recall seeing it before, it may be new...

ya, i guess i never thought of that. nice catch.

spacer.png

.... what the hell?

A few pages behind there, man. The greatest thing about it, is, "THUDNER!"

i think he was talking about "oklahoma city" written on the back of the pants in what looks to be cursive

ya, i guess i never thought of that. nice catch.

Do you guys even read stuff? :P

Most of the warmups feature new monogram marks that are pulled directly from their jersey lettering or logos. Kind of offbeat. The one I saw up close had a chainstitch monogram on the front. I really like that part.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thunder-alternate-uniforms-530x298.jpg

.... what the hell?

I'm so disappointed that, if true, the Thunder are going with a simple Navy/White alternate. If anything, it should either:

1. Be primarily red-orange*, or
  2. Have heavy doses of red-orange.

That color is far too unique to be thrown by the wayside. <_< (Almost) literally 1/2 the teams (about 13 or so) in the league wears some form of blue at last check...not one dons red-orange, and only the Suns have a true orange alt.** Yet another opportunity wasted by OKC...this is one case where you pick the more unique color to use on your alternate.

*Or whatever the closest fabric color is.

**Apparently the Knicks' Winter Series uniforms are orange, but I'm not counting them for a couple of reasons.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

.... what the hell?

I'm so disappointed that, if true, the Thunder are going with a simple Navy/White alternate. If anything, it should either:

That color is far too unique to be thrown by the wayside. <_< (Almost) literally 1/2 the teams (about 13 or so) in the league wears some form of blue at last check...not one dons red-orange, and only the Suns have a true orange alt.** Yet another opportunity wasted by OKC...this is one case where you pick the more unique color to use on your alternate.

**Apparently the Knicks' Winter Series uniforms are orange, but I'm not counting them for a couple of reasons.

I believe the team prefers its blues more. At their request, we usually avoid using a lot of orange when we design for them.

.... what the hell?

Agreed. It doesn't hurt that their marquee stars embrace bright, trendy colors. I don't know why the team would saddle them with such conservative hues. Alts have the luxury of chasing a trend; if it looks stale in a few years, introduce another alt.

sole-collector-celebrity-sneaker-watch-september-28-2012-header.jpg

nike-zoom-kd-iv-scoring-title-release-date-01.jpg

nike-zoom-kd-iii-skills-academy-01.jpg

air-jordan-3-true-blue-roller-skates-russell-westbrook.jpg

It's their real court, check out the hockey board reflection in the court, plus they're hosting the Jazz tomorrow.

EDIT: Blazers/Suns is on NBA TV and I'm loving the Suns new court, but the current uniforms DO NOT mesh well with it at all and it's really annoying.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived