2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember the old hornets court? lol

0.jpg

Wow. That was allowed to exist?

I loved that court design. Even wackier was the Rockets' court, with a solid blue 3-pt area filled with stars, and a huge mid-court explosion:

Houston1996.png

0.jpg

The full thing looks worse.It could've looked better without two Basketballs though.coliseumcourt.png

My favorite court of all time. Looking back the balls were tacky at the free throw line but I dig everything else still.

I want more whacky. Even the Sixers with their flying balls from the sideline. So 90s

Nah, the flying balls were kinda lame. Now the "circle of stars" around the logo from the first season of the CoreStates Center (1996-97) was pretty cool. Can't find a good pic of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I want more whacky. Even the Sixers with their flying balls from the sideline. So 90s

Nah, the flying balls were kinda lame. Now the "circle of stars" around the logo from the first season of the CoreStates Center (1996-97) was pretty cool. Can't find a good pic of it.

Found a pic from a video game.sixerscomplete2.jpg

you sure thats a video game? looks real to me

0.jpg

The full thing looks worse.It could've looked better without two Basketballs though.coliseumcourt.png

This was my favorite when I was a kid but I'm glad courts like this have gone away.

you sure thats a video game? looks real to me

Video game. You can tell by the blue ring around the player at the bottom.

That 76ers court was always weird to me, but I love it anyways. It was basically a preview of things to come in the next season...

fge4lf9ridpgum631fb0gg9tt.gif

Infact, when thinking about it, the Suns are doing the exact same thing this season. New style court, old uniforms/logos. It's a stupid idea, but the 76ers court was less jarring because you could atleast make a case for the black being used, but the Suns have a new wordmark and alternate slapped on the court that doesn't match anything.

bSLCtu2.png

0.jpg

This was the main reason why I played with the Hornets ALL the time on the NBA Live series on Playstation. Love this court so much.

That being said...the Bobcats court looks too weird for my blood. I wasn't a fan of them adding that shade of blue to begin with, but now it looks like they've gone all in with that color, so this isn't really a good look.

What I don't get about that Bobcats court is how a color that is merely an outline in the secondary the primary color on the court? You aren't the Tar Heels! You are the the black sticky crap, possibly tar, found on the heel of someone's shoe. Maybe that's why this looks bad.

Archived