2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of how I should feel about the Thunder alternate. I mean, there's no unifying concept whatsoever behind the Thunder's logos, uniforms, color scheme, or anything, so how can the brand be expanded upon when there's hardly a brand to expand upon in the first place? They wear navy blue. They also wear a medium blue. There's also some yellow and sort of a reddish-orange in there because why not. The logo is a guitar pick with motion lines and a basketball. They use Industria, but not because its aesthetic is pertinent to Oklahoma City or to Thunder. Where do you even go from there? If we had logo-sabermetrics and objectively ranked teams by Value Over Replacement Identity, the Thunder would be a 0.00. Hell, they literally are a replacement identity.

So it's navy blue and it says "THUNDER" vertically like the old Trail Blazers uniforms used to, which could be interpreted as an oblique F-U to Seattle just for the sake of interpreting it as anything. It also simplifies the color palette down to navy and white, again, not sure why. I don't know. I just don't get anything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bledsoe is the truth. Tough loss tonight but very good game for preseason. I also just realized we had Barnes and Turiaf on squad.

I don't get the Thunders new uniform. Is it suppose to be a fauxback as they have no real history or just some random thing. They aren't bad but I find it weird they left out their other colors.

Exactly. Its one thing to have a fauxback alt when you're Milwaukee or Denver, but doing it as OKC is a joke. Their "identity" and main sets induce thoughts of Fischer Price, not Penn State simplicity. Don't understand how your color scheme is the entire rainbow and you have an alt like that.

201210062304830940304-p2.jpg

Red is my favorite color, but Philly and LAC's new blue alts should be the main set.

The Cowboys now have competition for the Biggest Mismatched Trainwreck of an Identity award. Wow.

And even if you ignore how out-of-left-field it is, that uniform is butt-ugly.

You think the Thunder compete with the Cowboys for that award?! Clearly my friend, you haven't seen the Minnesota Wild.

Wild08.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Did the Thunder even try? Easily the worst uni package in the league, which is made even worse by the fact that Seattle's uni's were so legendary. The team with 42 different colors probably shouldn't be using a two-color uni.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Just an FYI, but that thunder uniform hasn't been confirmed yet. That could be a 2k mod. It DOES look similar to the concept someone posted on here.

That said, if those shorts end up being real, then I wouldn't be that surprised if that's what they look like.

The Cowboys now have competition for the Biggest Mismatched Trainwreck of an Identity award. Wow.

And even if you ignore how out-of-left-field it is, that uniform is butt-ugly.

You think the Thunder compete with the Cowboys for that award?! Clearly my friend, you haven't seen the Minnesota Wild.

Wild08.png

I've complained about their trainwreck of an identity too, but at least they have a kick-ass logo. The Cowboys and Thunder have generic logos to go with their discordant mismatched identities.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2pte3av.jpg

As if home gsmes werent hard enough to watch already. Barf.

These kind of have a Charlotte Hornets feel to it.But its probaly just the picture because the dark blue looks purple and the light blue looks turquoise.

I guess on some level it makes some sense to pretend that you're UNC, but it's not like people are going to walk in and be like "oh no, I got tricked into going to a Bobcats game again!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived