2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah 'MIAMI' black is new. I couldn't see them adding the flame, because they've always used "Miami" with the plain letters, from their inception. I think it would look bad. I would like to see them change the reds to 'HEAT' though.

The only part of the Nugs alts I have even a slight problem with are the short side panels, but they might continue growing on me.

Yeah 'MIAMI' black is new. I couldn't see them adding the flame, because they've always used "Miami" with the plain letters, from their inception. I think it would look bad. I would like to see them change the reds to 'HEAT' though.

The only part of the Nugs alts I have even a slight problem with are the short side panels, but they might continue growing on me.

I can vouch for the flame because I've tried it many times. It looks great on any word, to be honest. The 'Miami' lettering looks fine without it (as would any other word), but it definitely adds a little something with that extra flourish in there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I can vouch for the flame because I've tried it many times. It looks great on any word, to be honest. The 'Miami' lettering looks fine without it (as would any other word), but it definitely adds a little something with that extra flourish in there.

Adding the flame to MIAMI would look like MIAMT to me, and most others.

I like it how it is, that wordmark is nice in my mind.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

ya keep that same concept with the skyline make a powder blue, and white and you got a nuggets home set. someone should try that.

Real quick mock...

Skylines.png

Holy cow, those are amazing! They should be used as the new home and road right now.

The Nuggets new gold uniforms are fantastic. My only problem with incorporating them into the main set would be the total lack of continuity between the jerseys and the logos. I would love to see blue and white skyline versions as the primaries, but it would HAVE to come with a new primary logo to tie everything together (which isn't likely to happen, judging by the current NBA trend of recolors and reusing old marks).

b03cb5ea29bf11e282b422000a1faf0f_7.jpg

it hurts so baaaaaad.... :(

Yea. Why stand out in heavily red-orange jerseys when you can wear a navy and white one? You know, colors that half the league wears. :rolleyes:

This would be so much better if they added red-orange trim to these. Think of it: Navy/Red-Orange/White--that's a pretty good color scheme right there. That, and line up the pants stripe to match the "Thunder" stripe on the jersey.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't think the idea behind the Thunder alternates is bad at all. What really gets me about them though is how the stripes on the jersey are so close to the stripes on the shorts, but don't match up.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think the idea behind the Thunder alternates is bad at all. What really gets me about them though is how the stripes on the jersey are so close to the stripes on the shorts, but don't match up.

At least they spelled "Thunder" right:

thunder-alternate-jersey.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Agreed. They were bad enough as it is, and the double outline is just senseless.

Got any renderings I could see? I haven't been sure if I've been over-analyzing it being that I've been a Heat fan for so long and am so close to it, but I've felt like the wordmark across the chest sans flame looks cleaner and more mature. FWIW, I've always liked the flame on the original unis better, a little more subtle.

From the Thunder's website:

The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:

• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.

• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.

• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.

• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.

Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.

Wow these marketing departments overthink their descriptions and reasons-behind. Clearly they wanted to capitalize on the faux-back movement, despite having no history. That's it. Who looks at vertical lettering and thinks "strength?"

From the Thunder's website:

The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:

• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.

• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.

• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.

• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.

Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.

Wow these marketing departments overthink their descriptions and reasons-behind. Clearly they wanted to capitalize on the faux-back movement, despite having no history. That's it. Who looks at vertical lettering and thinks "strength?"

Gotta put together some PR BS for the press release

Go A's!

Archived