2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

550229_10151487577411102_1168123853_n.jpg

That's my biggest problem with this uni - the similarity to the old Royals' unis. It's one thing for a team to update a uniform from its past (as the Nuggets have proved with their beautiful new alts), but another thing entirely to rip off a different team's unis. If the Kings were wearing this alt, I'd probably love it, but it just makes no sense for the Thunder.

Those will be awful on TV.

Those will be awful period.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

From the Thunder's website:

The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:

• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.

• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.

• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.

• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.

Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.

Yay, focus groups!!

Am I also getting a feeling that this may be in response to complaints from some fans wanting more?

201211092301829182486-p2.jpg

Just such a miss. People call the Nets "Old Navy jerseys," but these fit the bill even more, to me. On the bright side, for the organization, they'll still sell well in OKC. For one, the fans are already used to an ugly brand concept. Second, fans will be rocking them without the shorts, avoiding the mis-matched stripe dilemma.

Seeing them wear them at home really enforces what an mal-fit it is for their image, though.

Agreed. They were bad enough as it is, and the double outline is just senseless.

Yeah 'MIAMI' black is new. I couldn't see them adding the flame, because they've always used "Miami" with the plain letters, from their inception. I think it would look bad. I would like to see them change the reds to 'HEAT' though.

The only part of the Nugs alts I have even a slight problem with are the short side panels, but they might continue growing on me.

I can vouch for the flame because I've tried it many times. It looks great on any word, to be honest. The 'Miami' lettering looks fine without it (as would any other word), but it definitely adds a little something with that extra flourish in there.

Got any renderings I could see? I haven't been sure if I've been over-analyzing it being that I've been a Heat fan for so long and am so close to it, but I've felt like the wordmark across the chest sans flame looks cleaner and more mature. FWIW, I've always liked the flame on the original unis better, a little more subtle.

It probably is more mature without the flame, but I find the Heat's lettering to be pretty mature even with it. They found the perfect balance of maturity and individuality.

As for OKC, those umbers look pretty blurry from a distance. No outlines would have been the way to go for me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You know what? I like them. They're very clean and bold. Everyone couldn't stop saying how "cluttered" the Thunder's identity was. Now when they've taken steps to simplify it it's "atrocious."

Hopefully Oklahoma can "own" the blue and white look in the NBA.

You know what? I like them. They're very clean and bold. Everyone couldn't stop saying how "cluttered" the Thunder's identity was. Now when they've taken steps to simplify it it's "atrocious."

Hopefully Oklahoma can "own" the blue and white look in the NBA.

I thought the biggest problem with the thunder was their awful logo...

Anyhow onto the jersey itself, I think the team missed a big opportunity here. They could have designed a respectable logo that the current primaries (which look great by the way) could eventually adapt. Instead they suck all the colour of the logo actually making it worse. The boxed in script looks awful and the overall package doesn't do anything to expand the team's identity. Doesn't look like it belongs to the same team

Meh. It looks like a first draft or something ordered from a catalog. It also reminds me of Penn State more than the Thunder.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

imanshumpertknickswinter0_standard_7090.png

The Knicks very bright, very loud, ORANGE winter jerseys. The real things.

While this jersey looks awful I would not mind the Knicks having an orange alternative one day.

b03cb5ea29bf11e282b422000a1faf0f_7.jpg

it hurts so baaaaaad.... :(

These I just never want to see again in any shape or form.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived