2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

*kicks RG3 voodoo doll across the room*

I needed this ten weeks ago damnit!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kirk Cousins...another rookie QB.

ESPN had that sh** all wrong...2012 is the year of the Quarterback. The Rookie Quarterback at that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A little bit of a hollow victory with the way Griffin went down but I'm still very happy the Hawks got the victory. I got a feeling too that this is just the first of many big games between Wilson and Griffin.

Hollow, my ass. This is a Seattle team that won only three road games all season. The fact that the Seahawks could go into FedEx Field, the largest stadium in the NFL, and beat the NFC East champion Redskins, is big enough as is.

Now, comes the bigger picture: A trip to Atlanta to face a well rested Falcon team. Now, which Atlanta team will be there next week: The regular season powerhouse or the team that gets backhanded in the playoffs?

Mike Shanahan is a dumbass. Griffin clearly wasn't anywhere close to playing at full capacity, and should have been pulled early, or even not started at all.

DeAngelo Hall is good but plays like a guy looking for penalties.

1. The same could be said of many Seahawks.

2. DeAngelo Hall is awful.

spacer.png

I've had some time to get over the Vikings loss...(OK, I had moved on by the end of the third quarter), and I've been wondering what the Vikings will do to improve over the offseason. They clearly need some help in the receiving corps and secondary, but my main point of concern is the coaching staff. It hasn't reached Norvcon 5 with these guys yet, but I feel like a bit of a change is needed to propel this team in the right direction next year. I'll be honest, I don't think that the Vikings can get 10+ wins next year as they stand now. A game plan centered around AP will only work for so long before teams start stopping him.

Shanahan is incredibly stupid and stubborn and it may have greatly cost the Redskins not only now, but in the future. You don't put your franchise QB in harm's way against doctor's orders, period. That should be a firing offense.

Epecially when that doctor is the preeminient sports surgeon in the country. I mean, Jeezus.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Shanahan is incredibly stupid and stubborn and it may have greatly cost the Redskins not only now, but in the future. You don't put your franchise QB in harm's way against doctor's orders, period. That should be a firing offense.

Epecially when that doctor is the preeminient sports surgeon in the country. I mean, Jeezus.

100% agree. I read that and my first thought was "why in the Hell was the preeminent sports surgeon in the country on the sidelines of a Redskins game?" The guy that every injured athlete goes to and that Vince McMahon sends every injured WWE Superstar to is just chilling on your team's sidelines, and you're going to go against his advice?

I've had some time to get over the Vikings loss...(OK, I had moved on by the end of the third quarter), and I've been wondering what the Vikings will do to improve over the offseason. They clearly need some help in the receiving corps and secondary, but my main point of concern is the coaching staff. It hasn't reached Norvcon 5 with these guys yet, but I feel like a bit of a change is needed to propel this team in the right direction next year. I'll be honest, I don't think that the Vikings can get 10+ wins next year as they stand now. A game plan centered around AP will only work for so long before teams start stopping him.

I think your main point of concern ought to be "can Percy Harvin stay healthy?" That offense with Harvin is completely different than the one the Packers stymied. I think the Vikes overachieved this year a bit, but I can see them flirting with the playoffs with a healthy Harvin, Rudolph as a red zone terror, an up-and-coming Jarius Wright and the Greatest Running Back of My Generation. Yes, even with Christian Steele behind center.

Man, the way Seattle played defense over the last three quarters of that game was phenomenal. Atlanta should be terrified.

The Redskins don't have much in the way of a receiving corps or a half-decent tight-end....certainly nowhere near what the Falcons possess. And the Redskins' QB was playing one-legged.

Wow, aside from parts of Redskins-Seahawks today, those were four pretty boring playoff games. Next week should be a million times better though since all four games have at least something that interests me.

As for the ATL-SEA game next week, I don't think that I've ever been so confident in a team to win a road playoff game than I am about that one. I know that it makes almost no sense considering how bad Seattle has looked at times on the road this year, but you know that they're coming into the Georgia Dome playing their best football on Sunday. Can the same be said for the Falcons? Four of the last five NFC one seeds haven't made it to the Super Bowl, and three of them didn't even win a playoff game. I don't really like the Seahawks or Pete Carroll, but I'm just so confident in them next week.

Actually, all four of those NFC #1 seeds that didn't reach the Super Bowl, ended up losing their first playoff game.

2007: Dallas (13-3) - lost Div. Round vs. New York

2008: New York (12-4) - lost Div. Round vs. Philadelphia

2010: Atlanta (13-3) - lost Div. Round vs. Packers

2011: Green Bay (15-1) - lost Div. Round vs. New York

Just for perspective's sake, the 2006 Bears and 2009 Saints reached the Super Bowl, and the Saints won.

spacer.png

I do tend to agree that if your going to put a franchise player in a game without medical clearance be it a playoff game or not, the rational behind it needs to seriously be examined and not just by the Redskins. My guess people in the league office and the union will probably be asking what Mike Shanahan was thinking as well.

As the story is being written right now from Mike Shanahan's perspective it looks bad.

CuJo, that wasn't a boatrace. It was still a two score game, and really it should have been a lot closer.

Boatrace = One team teakes the lead, keeps it the rest of the way, usually pulling away as it goes on. -- Exactly what Baltimore did today.

Do you even listen to Jim Rome (which is where the phrase was coined)?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived