2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

_OH YOU DIDN'T SHOTS FIRED NOW IT'S ON.

_

_I am simply postulating that there may well be twerps out there who will point to their facebook boycotts and twitter feeds as what finally pushed the league to end the lockout. That's all. I don't find that implausible. I'm not saying all Packers fans will somehow take credit for the lockout ending, just that the usual contingent of twitter-jockeys who always go on about how "see, we CAN change the world! #changetheworld" might emerge on this one, in this case many of whom will, quite naturally, tend to support the Packers.

_

_This is getting rather involved for what I had only budgeted to be a mere offhand half-joke!

_

"SHOTS FIRED NOW IT'S ON." Careful with that axe, Eugene. I'll take my chances against you and your thesaurus.

Kidding aside, I get what you're saying. Sorry about your budget overrun. The exclamation point was a nice touch. cool.gif

You crack me up, ensign.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Browns look totally awful, there are some bright spots. They're young and have a new owner waiting in the wings. They will be better, soon enough.

They really aren't as bad as people around here act. They have had a chance in every game, and honestly were a few drops away from making it a game against the Ravens. They are also the youngest team in the NFL and missing 3 of their top defenders. The problem is that they almost play to avoid a blowout, not to win. There is absolutely no aggressive playcalling on offense until 5 minutes left in the game.

I don't think the Browns look totally awful, there are some bright spots. They're young and have a new owner waiting in the wings. They will be better, soon enough.

They really aren't as bad as people around here act. They have had a chance in every game, and honestly were a few drops away from making it a game against the Ravens. They are also the youngest team in the NFL and missing 3 of their top defenders. The problem is that they almost play to avoid a blowout, not to win. There is absolutely no aggressive playcalling on offense until 5 minutes left in the game.

That's Pat Shurmur in a nutshell for you. Gain 20 yards and you'll have to break out the smelling salts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

At this point I don't even care. The Packers want to take credit for it, fine by me regardless of how true or untrue that assertion may be. Just glad the full time officals are back. If people want to get into an argument over who deserves credit, fine by me. I'm just not going to be a part of it.

Also the NFL announced they would be paying the replacement refs for this weeks games even though the full time refs are back.

Good news: Chargers are already up 17-0 in a must-win divisional game.

Bad news: Still three quarters left to choke in.

They can beat the Chiefs....no need to worry.

You gotta wrap up guys a few yards deep in the backfield though, especially against Charles. However, the extra point went awry for KC.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

You gotta wrap up guys a few yards deep in the backfield though, especially against Charles. However, the extra point went awry for KC.

Just saw the replay of that. One of the worst long snaps I've ever seen at the NFL level.

Ever since Rivers threw that pick, the Chargers have curled back into full-on choke mode. That's TWO straight weeks of one mistake killing the team's confidence. Inexcusable, and a sign of poor coaching.

EDIT: Thanks, Cassell!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Good news: Chargers are already up 17-0 in a

must-win divisional game.

Ever since Rivers threw that pick, the Chargers have curled back into full-on choke mode. That's TWO straight weeks of one mistake killing the team's confidence. Inexcusable, and a sign

of poor coaching.

No need to worry, the Chiefs appear more inept then you guys today!

So far so good for the 49ers.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Bills were terrified of the Patriots for the better part of a decade. It seems like their big win at Buffalo last year changed all that -- they're playing super aggressive today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived