Favorite once-worn uniforms

mania

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sep 26, 1998 - Colorado Buffaloes vs Baylor Bears at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado. It was to celebrate Folsom Field?s 75th Anniversary, Buffs won 18-16. I was there (freshman student) and seeing those jerseys and helmets for one game only, turned me into a sports logo and uniform fanatic.

photo-3.jpg

Sep 26, 1998 - Colorado Buffaloes vs Baylor Bears at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado. It was to celebrate Folsom Field?s 75th Anniversary, Buffs won 18-16. I was there (freshman student) and seeing those jerseys and helmets for one game only, turned me into a sports logo and uniform fanatic.

photo-3.jpg

I loved those helmets with the silver logo

photo-3.jpg

that is a good look. and this is a perfect example of why you do alternate uniforms. especially when done only once in a great while, its makes the whole experience more meaningful and memorable.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These unis were almost perfection. All white: check. Helmet numbers: check. Maize undersleeves: check. The only tweaks I'd make would be removing the shoulder M and the words from the sleeves. Otherwise, my favorite look ever. Wish we mixed things up with our unis during my era on the team.

UM_MSU_Hemingway-thumb-590x391-91351.jpg

spikes.jpg

i think this was just one game

237350_display_image.jpg?1292470652

The Colts actually wore the blue pants 3 times in 1995 before resorting back to the all-white.

In addition to their game in Buffalo, they also wore them at the NY Jets ... I'm not 100% who the other team was, I believe it was against either the Raiders or Dolphins ...

I dunno why they shelved them after three times, with those socks and the black shoes I thought they looked superb!! thumbsup.gif

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

283%20Kozlov%20BUF%20White%209-11%20Jersey%202001%20Overall%20Front%20MQ.jpg

283%20Kozlov%20Game%20Photo%201%20MQ.jpg

Definately a favorite, both teams

I don't remember Buffalo wearing these... was it a 9/11 support type of thing?

Yes, if memory serves me correctly, they were auctioned off after and benefited 9/11 families

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

t_35310.jpg

ha HA, those were worn a second time at the Red Wings' final regular season game in 2009 so that the home crowd could see them, you were wrong, you forfeit everything, your world will collapse around you

Were the Maryland flag helmets worn only once? That would be mine. Seems like this is better suited to college football than anything else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived