Favorite once-worn uniforms

mania

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: do throwbacks count as one-offs? For example, those 1960 Eagles uniforms. They wore those in 1960, so they weren't worn once. Right?

I'd say unless they were exact throwbacks, identical down to every possible detail, then yes, they are one-offs. For instance, the 1994 NFL uniforms were, for the most part, very different than the originals they copied, so any of them (I don't know how many times they were worn) wouldn't count.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

These ... that Philly wore for their 2010 season~home opener, the 50th anniversary of their 1960 NFL Championship team?

09000d5d81a7d24d_gallery_600.jpg

That Eagles uni is perfect. See you don't really need outlines on good contrasting elements such as the wings on the helmet and the numbers. Wish more teams would go this way.

and of course the Redskins 2002; 70th anniversary uniforms based off their '65-'69 look:

Only issue, the 2 patches were total overkill.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

If you look closely, the patch on the right shoulder appears to be for the American Bowl in Osaka. So it wasn't a permanent fixture on that jersey.

redskins_lg.jpg

If the Redskins aren't going to use this look, it would be nice if someone else picked it up... FSU would be the obvious choice, but my vote would be the University of Minnesota (sans spears of course), who hasn't looked good for a while.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I liked the 2011 Ohio State Pro Combats. They looked quite nice, but not outdated. Also (and maybe one of the main reasons I liked the set a lot), that specific helmet seemed to have some kind of unique finish to the silver that I don't think I'd seen anywhere else. I thought it really made the helmet pop, especially under the lights.

Buckeyes-Hoosiers-likely-to-be-ugly.jpg

For the US men's team,

web_04_sab.jpg

And in what may be the coolest and most appropriate uni to ever hit the field:

Army-jersey.jpg

and of course the Redskins 2002; 70th anniversary uniforms based off their '65-'69 look:

Only issue, the 2 patches were total overkill.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

If you look closely, the patch on the right shoulder appears to be for the American Bowl in Osaka. So it wasn't a permanent fixture on that jersey.

redskins_lg.jpg

You're totally spot-on .... I totally forgot about that

(**)

I want to say Florida wore their version of these multiple times, but I thought the Virgina Tech ones looked pretty nice:

vick_fugly.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

For the US men's team,

web_04_sab.jpg

John O'Brien, is that you...? Those were nice jerseys--too bad they didn't get very good results in them (poor showing in the sendoff series as I recall).

OT, but I actually have one of these jerseys that I break out on special USMNT occasions:

12obrien-blogSpan.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I want to say Florida wore their version of these multiple times, but I thought the Virgina Tech ones looked pretty nice:

vick_fugly.jpg

It worked for VT a lot better than Florida. But then, Marcus Vick realized "Hey, I can wear my shirt backward!" and went all harlequin with it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I may be in the minority here, but I loved the light blue and yellow Eagles uniforms from a few years ago.

Are you blind?

I don't think those are as awful as some people peg them to be. The design isn't great, but the color scheme is really nice.

These ... that Philly wore for their 2010 season~home opener, the 50th anniversary of their 1960 NFL Championship team?

09000d5d81a7d24d_gallery_600.jpg

That Eagles uni is perfect. See you don't really need outlines on good contrasting elements such as the wings on the helmet and the numbers. Wish more teams would go this way.

Agreed. This uniform looks great and I hate the Eagles.

They need to go back to Kelly Green. The uniform they have now with too much black is a mess.

87Redskins.png

Also these beauties, and I mean the jerseys. Not that Jenn Brown isn't gorgeous.

JennBrown.jpg

I loved these... the attention to the detail, such as the duck on the bumper of the helmet. Just another amazing design by the Ducks!

This defies all logic, but I love this combo for Oregon. The color scheme shouldn't work together, but here it does.

hSJtcB.JPG

The only way this could have been better is if the yellow was replaced with Volt. That would've been sick. And in the theme of this thread, yes, it was only worn once.

I dont know about the volt, but definitely one of the best combos worn. when i first heard this combo, i cringed, but then they actually wore it and i fell in love with it! i love it so much that it became my desktop photo for almost all season

Archived