2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Cardinals' new BP hat, with the single-layer STL on navy with a red bill, pretty much the original navy cap the Cardinals wore? If so, it ends up being a truer tribute to their old hat than the road hat was. One way or the other, I guess the whole hat imbroglio kind of worked itself out in the end!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Am I the only one that thinks the batting practice unis should be a total departure from the game unis? I like the Reds wearing the "Reds" wordmark with Mr. Redlegs on the cap. Houston looks good too. Red Sox and Padres - not so much...

And, I've never been a fan of the contrasting front panels. Reminds me of those mesh caps I used to wear in lil league...

And a tip to the hat to the Reds, Mets, A's, Orioles and Braves for using the mascots.

So am I the only one who thinks the Braves hat is awesome? That's one of the classic logos of logo history. But then again I'm 100% against the whole "all these logos and names are racist" thing. Teams that name themselves after Native Americans do it because they were intimidating. It's a way of honoring them IMO. I don't think teams go "hey, let's make our entire identity a racist slash at Native Americans"

I don't think teams go "hey, let's make our entire identity a racist slash at Native Americans"

I'm guessing the series "Amos 'n Andy" wasn't launched with someone saying "Hey, you know what would be really racist?", but take a gander at that sometime.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I really liked the tomahawk A as a secondary for the Braves. It gave them something other than the in-game cap monogram while still not going, ugh, I'm in trouble here, too far off the reservation. Besides, I'm not convinced that Chief Blowaload is going to embroider on a small scale very well.

So am I the only one who thinks the Braves hat is awesome? That's one of the classic logos of logo history. But then again I'm 100% against the whole "all these logos and names are racist" thing. Teams that name themselves after Native Americans do it because they were intimidating. It's a way of honoring them IMO. I don't think teams go "hey, let's make our entire identity a racist slash at Native Americans"

Savagely intimidating?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, the Braves really really really shouldn't have reintroduced a logo that was going to spark controversy. You shouldn't be in the market for controversy with your freaking batting practice hat.

Well when teams stupidly revive old, terrible, racist logos that happen to be terribly racist, this discussion will rage.

To add to the conversation about the BP caps, the Nats graphic doesnt look good, but I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. I cant find any image of the back of the cap, only the white crown though.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Even if that logo wasn't unspeakably racist and in poor taste (which it is), they chose the worst possible version of it to put on a cap.

The red-and-white outlined version is damned near illegible in all uses. At least the 1957 full-color version reads at distance.

lmao! Reminds me of the motorcycle gang from 'Weird Science'.

tmb_3712_480.jpg

Oh, great. Now I'll never be able to un-see that.

:P You're welcome!

I think this is now the Braves' best defense. "Indian? What Indian? That's a depiction of a brave futuristic mutant that is ultimately and unfortunately humbled by assumed lesser foes Gary and Wyatt. Kind of like most of our '90s teams." Hope the PR people are monitoring.

Archived