2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

sorry if this has already been talked about, but im pretty darn sure the Cards are getting alts with St. Louis on it

Yep. And the Red Wings are also using regular nameplates this year.

Also, does anybody think the Marlins logo looks like Maroon 5's logo?

Well, im sorry. Guess what, some of us on here have lives and dont have time to come on here every day.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if this has already been talked about, but im pretty darn sure the Cards are getting alts with St. Louis on it

Yep. And the Red Wings are also using regular nameplates this year.

Also, does anybody think the Marlins logo looks like Maroon 5's logo?

Well, im sorry. Guess what, some of us on here have lives and dont have time to come on here every day.

lives are for suckers, bro

Ok, Showtime, whoever else is in the know, are the Rays still going ahead with adding an official alt cap? Any idea when we'll know what it is for sure? Do teams have press conferences or formal announcements for something as minor as a previously used hat becoming an official alternate?

Saw the logo sheet for the Rays and it looks as if the Fauxback they wore last season will be worn next season. Nothing in any of the logo sheets hinted at anything toward BP logos but that might be something added later on.

I'm sure some will hate this, but I think it is so indicative of the creative nature of the Rays. The mere fact that they have a nod to the wild uniforms of the seventies, rather than going with the NHL method of "Ye Olde Schoole" with vintage white, speaks volumes. They know they can't out tradition the Yankees and Red Sox in Tampa Bay, land of the snow birds, so they went the other direction and try to pull in the young hipsters.

Genius marketing.

I think it is so indicative of the creative nature of the Rays.

Their colors are dark blue and light blue and their logo is "Rays" typed in a system serif font

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Their colors are dark blue and light blue and their logo is "Rays" typed in a system serif font

Ive never nominated anyone before, but I put this up for POTD.

However, I'm assuming he meant SINCE the rebrand, they have done some creative thngs. Like the plaid hat for example.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Yeah, I walked into that one. Although, in The Extra 2% (a book about their franchise) it says their preferred name when they dropped the Devil Rays moniker was "Florida Nine". As in Mudville Nine. That's pretty unconventional.

I agree that their current overall look is quite bland. At least they try stuff like the plaid, the fauxbacks, and now the sunburst BP hat to liven things up (looking at you, San Diego).

Ive never nominated anyone before, but I put this up for POTD.

Not even close. All he did was list their identity.

How did I not use it correctly? The Rays majorly poked fun at the trend of throwback uniforms by creating a throwback that not only never existed (nor had any possibility of existing), but also went out of their way to honor an era which arguably had the ugliest uniforms in baseball history. The only way it could've been more hipster would be if they mandated handlebar mustaches, drank PBR, and all in-stadium music was from bands you've probably never heard of.

In fact, maybe this is all part of a plan to relocate to Portland.

In fact, maybe this is all part of a plan to relocate to Portland.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. ;)

So let me get this straight. The Rays are adding an alternate cap (supposedly the fauxback used last season) but have no apparent plans for another alternate jersey? Or am I missing something here?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived