2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Brewers introducing a Gold Alternate jersey. Similar to these:

2dceeza.jpg

http://www.jsonline..../188198301.html

I, for one, am happy about this. The beer-colored jerseys are...uh...refreshing :D

However, this probably means we'll never see the Brewers in white or gray jerseys since they have three alts, and the navy seems to be the primary road more often than not.

I remember after Cerveceros Day last year that a lot of players came public saying that they loved the gold jerseys. Since the Brewers let the starting pitcher pick the jersey (I don't know if that's a common thing in baseball or not?), I have a feeling these are going to be worn-out by June.

Nevertheless I like them, and that comes as a biased Brewers fan. Lets just hope these

2qtadsz.jpg

don't catch on.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the gold alternate. But the team now has a stable of six "regular" jerseys (white home, navy home, gold home, pinstripe throwback home, gray road, navy road). Plus there's bound to be a couple of one-offs thrown into the mix. It's time to make some cuts. At bare minimum, drop the navy home jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I'm gonna need one of those.

I can't believe that design actually won. A victory for taste over templating. Savor it.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Brewers announced winner of YOUniform contest:

Brewers-uniform-contest-winner.JPG

I love that cap.....

This is just so much better and original than the ball-in-glove will ever be. In fact, I wish this could be a permanent look.

They've already expanded it from one preseason game to two, with a chance to gauge fan reaction and merchandise sales at Miller Park. If this makes the registers ring (and it certainly will when I go there), it could stick around.

Archived