2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Love the script, but the beer barrel man is kind of goofy. But, when you're called the Brewers, I guess goofy is the order of the day.

Or they could go the New Orleans Pelicans route and make a logo of an enraged drunken man to show how fierce and sleek the team is.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the overly-sleek, corporatized-macrobrew look of the current logos and wordmarks with Times New Roman Extra Bold numbers is the New Orleans Pelicans route.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is slightly off-topic but you are the people I trust to know this -- is New Era discontinuing 39Thirty caps entirely, or what? I've found those fit my head the best, but the only ones I've seen lately are really weird fashion caps. Which, then again, is what the old BP caps were...

This is slightly off-topic but you are the people I trust to know this -- is New Era discontinuing 39Thirty caps entirely, or what? I've found those fit my head the best, but the only ones I've seen lately are really weird fashion caps. Which, then again, is what the old BP caps were...

I'm the same way. Try the '47 brand hats. They're much better quality, and they fit well.

Anubis.png

I'm the same way. Try the '47 brand hats. They're much better quality, and they fit well.

I do like the look '47 Brand hats in general, but they seem kind of shallow? I have a large melon.

And I'd like to add my name to the list of barrel-man lovers. Outstanding.

I could see Milwaukee testing this out as a way to incorporate Barrel Man more into their current look. I feel like they are too invested to change things wholesale based on a fan-designed jersey. They could incorporate the new patch on all the jerseys in 2014, and make the Barrel Man hat the BP cap then too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The MLB Shop has the new White Sox TBTC hat online, and unfortunately the contrasting stitching over the white panel lives on......

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18933636

I know that in the NFL sideline caps (the Cowboys' one comes to mind) New Era actually used white stitching over the white panel front, so why not in th MLB on field authentics?

The MLB Shop has the new White Sox TBTC hat online, and unfortunately the contrasting stitching over the white panel lives on......

http://shop.mlb.com/...ductId=18933636

I know that in the NFL sideline caps (the Cowboys' one comes to mind) New Era actually used white stitching over the white panel front, so why not in th MLB on field authentics?

I don't know why it's so hard to use white stiching or clear nylon sticthing for the white panel. I could almost excuse it if the contrast stitching was only on the hats for retail sale, but it's on the player issued hats too.

Wow - after looking at Gothamite's page, I realized how close the new hat is to the TATC hat!

:blink:

Wow. Flashback from 2005.

Yeah - I figured I'd be one of the few who knew that was your page ;)

Thanks for the reminder. :)

I'm working on a post for my blog that will update and flesh out that early effort. Detailing the various uses of Owgust in the 1940s and 50s, as well as incorporating all post-2005 uses, and there have been many.

Maybe I'll replace that old page with a link when I'm done.

Rumor has it they are kind of reconstructing the 39Thirties, enough to re-release a bunch of new designs for the season. Not sure if that's still the plan but that's what I heard back when the NFL 39Thirties came out.

patch.jpg?w=300&h=300

Hot damn that's a beauty.

The letters have really weird kerning. Check out the w's, especially the one in Brewers. It doesn't follow the curve of the roundel at all. Makes it look really awkward.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, I don't think that's a beauty at all.

Odd kerning aside, there's too much going on. Three separate visual elements all overlapping and fighting for attention. Plus lettering.

And what's up with the registration mark? Only the Cubs have anything like that, and it's a trademark symbol.

Archived