2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Saw the logo sheet for the Rays and it looks as if the Fauxback they wore last season will be worn next season. Nothing in any of the logo sheets hinted at anything toward BP logos but that might be something added later on.

Wow, they are keeping this set? I thought the whole deal with the Rays over the last few seasons were to create a throwback set for a game and run with it...Smokers, Tarpons, Devil Rays, 1970 Rays.

I wonder if now New Era will correct the front panel on the hats they sell? The hats that are sold have two solid light blue panels (like the Orioles do with two full panels) and the game hats had trim panels (like the 1970s Padres).

Also, if they are keeping this set, why is all that gear clearance? I got an authentic David Price jersey for $80 at Lids.com

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just something funny i noticed on the new MLB Full Deck app. The Colorado Rockies team logo is the Normal CR logo but is red outlined with a black enterior. No purple at all. Every other logo appears to be each teams normal logo except that one.

Hmm, mine has the normal colors purple, black, and silver.

Just something funny i noticed on the new MLB Full Deck app. The Colorado Rockies team logo is the Normal CR logo but is red outlined with a black enterior. No purple at all. Every other logo appears to be each teams normal logo except that one.

I'm doing a season which has the logo as red . I haven't checked anything else

I'm doing a season which has the logo as red . I haven't checked anything else

I noticed the same thing when I played. No purple at all.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

From UniWatch:

“I’m a big Angels fan, and I’ve heard from the team store that the Angels are discontinuing the road grays and going with red for road games,” says Jorge Martinez. I haven’t heard anything about that, and the MLB Style Guide still shows the Halos’ road grays, but I’ll try to get confirmation or refutation.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/01/22/royals-forced-to-wear-brewers-road-uniforms-after-their-own-uniforms-are-stolen/

If true, does this mean the Angels are about to do what the Astros did in the late '00s by wearing their red alternate as their de facto road jersey?

When the Rangers want to wear their red jerseys, that will force the Angels to go with their road grays

Will it? We've seen blue vs. blue before. If the Angels actually stop wearing the gray (Please, no) I would expect to see red v red

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When the Rangers want to wear their red jerseys, that will force the Angels to go with their road grays

Will it? We've seen blue vs. blue before. If the Angels actually stop wearing the gray (Please, no) I would expect to see red v red

Doesn't make blue vs blue good. And both those blues were slightly different colored. Two teams wearing the exact same color is just confusing

GYI0061766243_crop_450x500.jpg

Go A's!

Doesn't make blue vs blue good. And both those blues were slightly different colored. Two teams wearing the exact same color is just confusing

IDK if slightly different shades of red or blue or even black vs. black is any more or less contrasting than grey vs. white. And it looks like there's no rule that teams can't wear the same colored jersey vs. eachother. But, it does look dumb. You'd think the teams would try to coordinate, allowing the home team to choose first.

But obviously its not like any other sport where you really need teams to wear different uniforms. I think it'd only really come into play if there was a massive bench clearing brawl, and then players might be confused as to who to fight!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

IDK if slightly different shades of red or blue or even black vs. black is any more or less contrasting than grey vs. white. And it looks like there's no rule that teams can't wear the same colored jersey vs. eachother. But, it does look dumb. You'd think the teams would try to coordinate, allowing the home team to choose first.

But obviously its not like any other sport where you really need teams to wear different uniforms. I think it'd only really come into play if there was a massive bench clearing brawl, and then players might be confused as to who to fight!

White vs gray is easy to decipher. Two team wearing same color isn't. That's my point.

Go A's!

The Angels' red jerseys aren't even good alternates. Can't read the lettering!

Everyone was always really high on the Angels redesign, but I'm really finding more and more that I don't like about it. Redundant sleeve patches, redundant road uniform, red on red alternates, silver halos instead of gold. Now granted, a lot of these flaws weren't in the original identity, but here we are nonetheless.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived