2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, but if the league buried information that would have helped a player make an informed choice, that's actionable.

I don't know if they buried it, so much as that information just wasn't as accessible as it is today.

People like to play the 'they should have known' card a lot with the older players, but 20-30 years ago the extent of damage that this game can cause just wasn't fully known. Especially the long term affects.

jNTsTyQ.png

You're right - even today, I don't think that many people are aware that the biggest potential problem isn't a concussion, but the series of small repetitive hits that occur over the course of every game. Much less ten, twenty or fifty years ago.

But cracking down on big hits is much more visible so that's where the NFL focuses.

In the insult to injury department, Adrian Clayborn's wallet is $21K lighter courtesy of the league due to his "illegal" hit on Drew Brees. Next time anyone wants to call me a homer (well, at least a complete homer anyway) remember this. That hit was football, plain and simple and worse, the stupid penalty nullified a turnover (Brees fumbled).

Finally found video.

http://youtu.be/gGWdWVOgeuQ

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You're right - even today, I don't think that many people are aware that the biggest potential problem isn't a concussion, but the series of small repetitive hits that occur over the course of every game. Much less ten, twenty or fifty years ago.

But cracking down on big hits is much more visible so that's where the NFL focuses.

In the insult to injury department, Adrian Clayborn's wallet is $21K lighter courtesy of the league due to his "illegal" hit on Drew Brees. Next time anyone wants to call me a homer (well, at least a complete homer anyway) remember this. That hit was football, plain and simple and worse, the stupid penalty nullified a turnover (Brees fumbled).

Finally found video.

http://youtu.be/gGWdWVOgeuQ

i dont think thats a bad thing though. yea, everyone loves to see someone get "blown up" but the athletes today are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever before and with poor tackling skills, and a disregard for other's safety. until the equipment can catch up to the athletic ability (making helmets/mouthpieces to prevent/reduce concussions) you have to change the rules a bit so guys dont get their brains scrambled. if it prevents just a few injuries i'm all for it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That hit on Brees being a penalty is laughable.

With that said, I'm all for the rules that reduce "he just got JACKED UP!" types of hits.

If the NFL demanded that players use proper form when tackling, I'd bet that you'd see fewer injuries/long lasting brain injuries.

VYNy5yv.jpg

*gulp* That afternoon is going to be all kinds of long, I can say that much is for sure.

Those Seahawks unis were truly beautiful. I hope they throw back to these some day.

That color scheme + the redesigned logo = beautiful.

That color scheme + the redesigned logo = beautiful.

SPH9X74.jpg

Something like this?

I never understood why they made the bottom stripe grey instead of the new bright green when they updated their logo. The helmet needs more green and it would be consistent with the previous logo.

Archived