2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

That color scheme + the redesigned logo = beautiful.

SPH9X74.jpg

Something like this?

Absolutely. That would look fantastic on a silver lid. Green-White-Blue striping on silver pants to match the logo and a royal top with the "old school" bird-striping on the sleeves.

I think that'd be a gorgeous set.

Yeah. Would look great for the Seattle Lionpanthertriotboyhawks.

Not a bad look. But way too common in the NFL. I'd rather see them stick with the blue lid and go with grey pants.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPH9X74.jpg

Something like this?

Absolutely. That would look fantastic on a silver lid. Green-White-Blue striping on silver pants to match the logo and a royal top with the "old school" bird-striping on the sleeves.

Not a bad look. But way too common in the NFL. I'd rather see them stick with the blue lid and go with grey pants.

Blue-Green-Silver is a common scheme in the NFL? :suspect:

Who cares if another team has a silver lid? There'd be 5 teams with silver lids if they made that change.

As is, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, Houston, NYG, and St. Louis have blue lids over blue pants (for away matchups, anyway).

I really don't give a damn if a color is common or not among helmets - if you have a cohesive look that can fit the "timeless" label, that's all that really matters to me. Seattle has a lot of elements now that are nice, but they're a bit of a disjointed mess when they're paired together.

SPH9X74.jpg

Something like this?

Blue-Green-Silver is a common scheme in the NFL? :suspect:

Who cares if another team has a silver lid? There'd be 5 teams with silver lids if they made that change.

As is, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, Houston, NYG, and St. Louis have blue lids over blue pants (for away matchups, anyway).

I really don't give a damn if a color is common or not among helmets - if you have a cohesive look that can fit the "timeless" label, that's all that really matters to me. Seattle has a lot of elements now that are nice, but they're a bit of a disjointed mess when they're paired together.

Yet people bitch about certain trends becoming too popular.

I just think Seattle can look better than that old silver-blue-silver

Also, Denver and NYG never have blue lids over blue pants, and Seattle and St. Louis don't do it away consistently enough to say thats their default look.

Chiefs have a new black sideline hat, the arrowhead is red and the KC is white.

http://www.lids.com/NFL/Kansas-City-Chiefs/20531404

Normally I would just right it off as a fashion hat but this is officially designated as a sideline hat. It makes me wonder with the home opener blood clot look if they are considering tweaks in the future. Could we be seeing the chiefs version of the lakers la nights jersey in the next few years.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

^ What's odd about those is that the design is unlike any other sideline caps that are all black. The brim isn't black (like others) nor the NE logo on the side is white (like others). I want to believe this isn't a sideline cap, rather maybe it's just mislabeled. Unless I see it on the sideline, I think this may just be a fashion thing. But who knows?

Go A's!

I work at a sports store and I got mine today. It is a sideline hat it has the same stickers as sideline hats not the fashion hats

Back in the reebok days it wouldn't have been. But new era has made the sideline hats very similar to mlb hats. They are treating them almost as part of the uniform.

I work at a sports store and I got mine today. It is a sideline hat it has the same stickers as sideline hats not the fashion hats

NE creates sideline caps for the sideline. They wouldn't make that unless they knew it would be worn on the sideline. The only person I would think would wear that is Andy Reid but he's been going red this year

Go A's!

"Cleveland Browns Football: Because You'd Rather Dry-Hump A Goalpost Than Watch."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, if It's for the kids then whatever...

I wouldn't take my child to a Raiders game :upside:

The upbringings of a Raiders fan (as portrayed by stereotypes):

-1st swear word by age 3.

-Associating the color "red" with "blood" by age 5.

-1st time using the middle finger blatantly by age 6.

-1st beer by age 10.

-1st felony charge by age 12.

-1st fight on stadium premises by age 13.

-1st possession of weapons in stadium by age 15.

-2nd felony charge by age 16.

-1st usage of weapons to stab someone by age 17.

-3rd (and final) felony charge by age 18.

-California Penal Football League MVP by age 21.

Our youth is fuc#ed for the future.

Archived