2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross just confirmed, "We will have a new logo. You'll have it by the draft. We're looking at it. Finalizing it. Time for an update"

Tim E will want a link because otherwise its not true.

I'm kidding, I saw the same thing you did, just can't miss a shot to make fun of Tim :P

Just in case... http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Ross-Confirms-New-Team-Logo-For-2013/9f88bb24-1afb-4c50-9766-58139bda53ae

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphinsprototype-1.png?t=1356376225

Okay... I made a point of not commenting when the "rough draft" of a purported new Miami Dolphins logo resembling this cleaned-up artwork first leaked. That said, after nearly two weeks of examination and rumination, I can honestly say that it still hasn't grown on me as a potential logo for the Miami Dolphins. A cruise line, aquarium, or swimwear manufacturer's logo? Sure! What's more, I'd consider it an attractive mark for such an entity.

However, insofar as the Miami Dolphins are concerned, to my mind it represents too much of a departure from what the franchise has used on the field in the past. Frankly, I considered the Dolphins' current logo a damned terrific upgrade/modernization when it was unveiled, as well as the best logo the team has ever sported. This, to my mind, would be a significant downgrade.

Plus, this one is awkwardly long. I'd prefer if the tail was going in the same direction as the old logo...that would take this update a long way

The assumption is that this is designed to wrap around to the back of the helmet, much like the Seahawks logo, and virtually meet at the rear...

Okay... I made a point of not commenting when the "rough draft" of a purported new Miami Dolphins logo resembling this cleaned-up artwork first leaked. That said, after nearly two weeks of examination and rumination, I can honestly say that it still hasn't grown on me as a potential logo for the Miami Dolphins. A cruise line, aquarium, or swimwear manufacturer's logo? Sure! What's more, I'd consider it an attractive mark for such an entity.

However, insofar as the Miami Dolphins are concerned, to my mind it represents too much of a departure from what the franchise has used on the field in the past. Frankly, I considered the Dolphins' current logo a damned terrific upgrade/modernization when it was unveiled, as well as the best logo the team has ever sported. This, to my mind, would be a significant downgrade.

As a Dolphins logo I am not sold, but I do think this will look great on apparel. I think most would agree that the New Era hat with this logo is going to look really good.

70389454.png

This logo looks to happy to me, it almost says hey look at me I am flying and I am feeling HAAAPPPPPPYYY. This logo sucks! I cannot truly express how I feel about this logo because of being politically correct and not wanting to offend someone.

spacer.png

Suppose this had been the logo for the last 45 years, and they were proposing changing to the current logo, would everyone be saying "What a great upgrade!"...

I'm a hardcore Dolphin traditionalist, and if it were up to me they'd be going totally early '70s throwback, but in lieu of that I am quite pleased with this....when the news of a change was first announced, I was horrified by some of the concepts that were being proposed, but this one is still instantly recognizable as "Miami Dolphins".

4154599586_4aa4d4da2b_o.png

This was from a concept I did back in 2009.......everybody on UniWatch hated this. IMHO, this is what I think the Dolphins should've done.

Not withstanding, I'm not giving up just yet on the new Dolphin, I say let's wait until the uniforms are unveiled, then tear it apart.

BTW, is it just me, or are the Seahawks uniforms starting to grow on anyone else? They really have grown on me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the Jaguars, logo and uniform wise.

4154599586_4aa4d4da2b_o.png

This was from a concept I did back in 2009.......everybody on UniWatch hated this. IMHO, this is what I think the Dolphins should've done.

Not withstanding, I'm not giving up just yet on the new Dolphin, I say let's wait until the uniforms are unveiled, then tear it apart.

BTW, is it just me, or are the Seahawks uniforms starting to grow on anyone else? They really have grown on me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the Jaguars, logo and uniform wise.

Those are my thoughts on the Dolphins logo; I'm not going to judge it right away.

The Seahawks uniforms are growing on me (especially the white and gray), but they're still not perfect, nor will they be, until some tweaks are made to them. I'd put a 3rd color on the pants stripe (gray or white on navy pants, green on white and gray pants) and unify the look a little more, but I the Seahawks' uniforms have quite a few things going for them.

I really liked the design of the new Seahawks uniforms from the get-go, my only issue with it was the color balance. But if they use the right combos that problem can be minimized. Blue over gray and white over blue seem to be their best options, why they don't use those combos more is beyond me.

jNTsTyQ.png

I wonder whether the dolphins will get enough negative feedback that their new logo will go the way of this:

I like the lack of a face and lack of a helmet. I also like the updated sun. I'd like to see it shaped better to fit on a helmet though (like someone did in the concepts thread).

Anyway, I think it's possible that this thing never sees the uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived