Brave-Bird 08's NFL Unveil

Brave-Bird 08

Greetings CCSLers.

It's been a while since my last venture into the concepts part of the forum. But, that while was well spent. Below you will see the helmet teaser for all 32 NFL concepts, which I have COMPLETELY COMPLETED and saved to my computer, ready to unravel. I'm going to start posting concepts in alphabetical order--two or three a day--so that each concept can get its fair share of attention.

I began this project a while back, so I'm glad to finally have it ready to go! Feel free to go ahead and give some feedback for the lids you see as well. As for the first concept, the Cardinals will kick it off! Enjoy!

helmetteaser.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(1) Arizona Cardinals

helmet.png

The Cardinals switch back to a more classic design. Fans of the movie Jerry McGuire might get a nice vibe from the early 90s style striping that returns to the uniform. White facemasks make for a cleaner overall look, and the current number font and wordmark are kept in place to keep things fresh. Instead of slapping the flag on the sleeve and having random bits of blue, which was a feature of older Cardinals road jerseys, Arizona uses the alternate jersey, helmet, and pants as a canvas for a strikingly different and unique "PRIDE" uniform to be worn sparingly. Overall, this concept creates a more professional identity while adding some extra flare on the side and taking a stab at the flag colors.

HOME

(2) Atlanta Falcons

helmet.png

The Falcons return to a few old color combinations with the new set, but mainly the change to a red helmet helps with having a more color consistent home and road, which has been something Atlanta has lacked since deciding on red jerseys and other alternate garments as a home set since 2004. Red returns as the prominent color, and the alternate black jersey pairs with the white pants and red helmet well to create a "fauxback" to the 60s while also keeping the modern style. Black pants are also welcomed back into the set.The sleeves have been streamlined to make for a more aggressive look.

Everything is solid with the Cardinals though I wish the red were a tad more... cardinal... and the Pride set is brilliant for a one off.

Those Atlanta jerseys! Way to update their look and retain their identity. I didn't know how I was going to receive a red helmet but damn that looks good!

From what I've seen here you've made some practical adjustments to what are some pretty busy uniforms and thus have portrayed some designs that are solid, and have looks that can stand the test of time. Great job, and I look forward to seeing the rest of these sets.

Midway.png

Glad to see you back!

Arizona is a very solid set. The alternate jersey is outstanding and the black helmet actually looks pretty nice. Only thing I don't love is the sleeve striping with the cardinal, too busy IMO.

Atlanta is really good as well. Only thing I would love to see is a black alternate helmet, but what you do have is solid.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Those are the best looking helmets I have ever seen!

- Love that you removed the gray facemask from teams with no gray in the color scheme.

- Love the logo on the Browns, Redskins and Seahawks.

- Love the old school look of the Chargers helmet.

- Love the updated uniform set of the Falcons. The red helmet and the black pants are sweet.

- Hate the striping on the Cardinals only because it reminds me of when they really sucked.

- Hate the Texans helmet because I prefer their current helmet, but it would be okay for a PRIDE helmet.

Excellent Job overall.

spacer.png

I would say the only thing I see out of the two things that I think might need added is maybe just a touch of the blue to the pants just to equal the set out, but overall, I really like this so far! Keep it going man!

(3) Baltimore Ravens

helmet-1.png

Hark the Raven, furthermore. Baltimore updates its seemingly more generic look, compared to what it looked like in the 90s. The gold is changed to be less mustardy, and the white outline on the helmet decal is removed to provide a more infused helmet. The jerseys feature a sublimated pattern of the Maryland flag that is displayed in the secondary logo, adding some serious locale points while keeping things subtle. Striping detail on the socks and pants are the key to giving the identity a facelift.

Baltimore looks excellent, love the way the helmet looks as just plain black matte without the striping. Not sure the Maryland pattern works with two different patterns on the two different sleeves. I would recommend using elements of both parts of the flag on both sleeves to make it symmetrical, because I think it would look great if executed nicely. Solid job once again.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

**Skipping Bufffalo for now. I thought long and hard and decided I wanted to go in a different direction with them. Here's the Cats!

(3) Carolina Panthers

helmet-2.png

For the first time in team history, the Panthers have a new look. Silver is replaced with white to make for a cleaner finish. A new number font is introduced that echoes the new PANTHERS script, and the style of the slashes in the script is echoed in a new pants design. Black pants make for a new road combination and alternate.

Archived