New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Introducing the New Orleans Pelicans.....Really? That is the worst possible name they could have come up with. Nothing screams terror like a pelican [sarcasm]. I am just proud that I am not the only one who agrees that this is bad.

Because Cardinals, Packers, Knicks, Pacers, Twins, Orioles, Lakers, Clippers, Rockies, Browns, Jazz, Cubs, White Sox all instill terror....

Introducing the Los Angeles Lakers.....Really? That is the worst possible name they could have come up with. Nothing screams terror like a Lake [sarcasm].

Introducing the Detroit Pistons.....Really? That is the worst possible name they could have come up with. Nothing screams terror like a Piston [sarcasm].

Introducing the Orlando Magic.....Really? That is the worst possible name they could have come up with. Nothing screams terror like Magic [sarcasm].

Introducing the New Orleans Pelicans.....Really? That is the worst possible name they could have come up with. Nothing screams terror like a pelican [sarcasm]. I am just proud that I am not the only one who agrees that this is bad.

I don't think terror was what they were going for here. That said, if you've ever been to a shoreline and watched the percision in which pelicans dive from 10-20 feet above the water to catch a fish, it's a pretty cool thing to see. They are a lot more preditorial than most people imagine them to be.

So...they stole the old, LeBron era Cav's color scheme? Why cant the NBA get some original color combinations out there?

Well to be fair, the colors the Pelicans are using are the colors of the New Orleans flag so it's just an odd coincedence.

I dig the look, especially the fleur-de-lis and the Crescent City Basketball logo; would love that as the main court logo.

Better than being called the 'Lics.

The cheerleader uniforms will say 'CANS.

(credit to whoever originally posted that here)

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived