Best possible uniforms match-up (Super Bowl XLVII)

kajeet

If the Seahawks did make it to the Super Bowl, where would the patch go?

Same place the Hall of Fame patch went. Plus, if the Seahawks make it all the way, they will be in their monochrome navy uniforms. The NFC is the home team and the AFC is the away team.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoffs yes. Super Bowl no I would suspect.

On the other hand...

uoIta.St.4.jpeg

Well, that was a special case since all teams were allowed to wear their 75th anniversary throwbacks all season long. So these 49ers uniforms were actually their primary home set for the season.

Plus that was nearly 20 years ago. Rules change.

Playoffs yes. Super Bowl no I would suspect.

On the other hand...

uoIta.St.4.jpeg

Well, that was a special case since all teams were allowed to wear their 75th anniversary throwbacks all season long. So these 49ers uniforms were actually their primary home set for the season.

Plus that was nearly 20 years ago. Rules change.

I'm sure if the Forty-Niners had to do it over again and wear their primaries for that game, they would in a heartbeat.

6uXNWAo.png

Same place the Hall of Fame patch went. Plus, if the Seahawks make it all the way, they will be in their monochrome navy uniforms. The NFC is the home team and the AFC is the away team.

That being the case, I shall update my desired match up.

marshawn_lynch_4.jpg?w=420

vs.

320x.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

Maybe, but if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, they'd likely have to wear white for every playoff game up to that point, and may want to continue to wear white, just like the 2005 Steelers.

Maybe, but if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, they'd likely have to wear white for every playoff game up to that point, and may want to continue to wear white, just like the 2005 Steelers.

Seahawks never lost a game in the monchrome navy this season (lost once in the navy tops/"wolf grey" :P pants in Miami). If they make it all they way, you can all but guarantee they will be in monochrome!!

Afraid you maybe right on the monochrome look if they make it, its enough for me to pull against them so I won't have to stomach that god awful all blue look.....

Put the Texans in red socks and you might have it. Most of the AFC teams this year have pretty weak road uniforms so the Texans might just be the best. Pair that with a good color contrast of navy/red against green/gold and you have a great game. For me, half of it is how good the uniforms look and half is how good the colors look against each other.

There was one bowl game this year where both teams had average to bad uniforms, but together made for a great matchup just because of the color schemes. I think it was San Jose State and whoever they played (I think they were orange.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived