Best possible uniforms match-up (Super Bowl XLVII)

kajeet

Not sure if it's too early for this but since some of the playoff teams aren't set we can just speculate right now. But once all the teams are official this thread will work like a bracket. Every time a team gets eliminated it will gives us less and less options. So you put the match-up you would like to see for example Broncos orange vs Packers white. And just for fun you can put a dream "what could've been" throwback option.So the uniforms are:

In the playoffs

NFC:

Packers

49ers

Falcons

Seahawks

Vikings

Redskins

AFC:

Ravens

Broncos

Patriots

Texans

Bengals

Colts

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how the NFC is the home team this year. The NFC teams already in the playoffs or are likely to get in not only have great road sets, but would complement some of the AFC home sets very well. Some of the AFC road sets are very bland. If the AFC were home my answers would be totally different.

Not to be a homer at all but right now I'd have to go with either Bengals/Falcons or Steelers/Falcons. The Bengals' orange helmets and white jerseys would look great against Falcons' red. I just wish the Super Bowl was a day game outdoors. Also, Steelers/Cardinals looked great four years ago and I think the Steelers could recreate that magic with the Falcons this year.

I hate how the NFC is the home team this year. The NFC teams already in the playoffs or are likely to get in not only have great road sets, but would complement some of the AFC home sets very well. Some of the AFC road sets are very bland. If the AFC were home my answers would be totally different.

Not to be a homer at all but right now I'd have to go with either Bengals/Falcons or Steelers/Falcons. The Bengals' orange helmets and white jerseys would look great against Falcons' red. I just wish the Super Bowl was a day game outdoors. Also, Steelers/Cardinals looked great four years ago and I think the Steelers could recreate that magic with the Falcons this year.

And just think, if the Seahawks make it from the NFC, we'll have to stomach an all blue monochrome set from them again. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...........

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing THIS in the Super Bowl (sorry, it's the biggest pic I could find with the appropriate uniforms).

colts-vs-packers-300x194.jpg

And just think, if the Seahawks make it from the NFC, we'll have to stomach an all blue monochrome set from them again. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...........

<(not quite) refraining from commenting on how the Packers will DESTROY the Seahawks in the playoffs :P >

Representing the blue conference in the Super Bowl is as good a time to whip out the blue monos as any.

That Redskins/Colts matchup would be fantastic

I am always a fan of teams wearing all white in the Super Bowl and I would be for the Ravens to wear all white if they make it

EDIT: I forgot that the Steelers were the home team in 2005 and wore their road set for superstition. So an AFC team could wear their home sets if the Cowboys make it or an NFC team gets superstitious

Go A's!

hi-res-83331949_crop_650x440.jpg?1355448368
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived