Best possible uniforms match-up (Super Bowl XLVII)

kajeet

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They already carry three different pants.

White pants, throwback pants, and ???

They have two different pairs of white pants within the current set. One for the home uniforms which they wear with red socks (there's a red stroke at the bottom of the pants) and another with a black stroke for use with their road uniforms, which they use black socks for. Google the road uniform and see the two pairs of pants side by side, I did a bad job of explaining it.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I admit those falcons pants/socks to go well with their respective jerseys.. but even still needing two sets of white pants seems like poor designing to me. Even if it looks good (I know that makes no sense!)

Just thinking they coulda have found a way to make one set of white pants match both red and black socks.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

^ You said it before I could. Same thing with the Cardinals' "alt black-top set.

If it's the Ravens, I hope they give us this

Torrey+Smith+Baltimore+Ravens+v+Pittsburgh+mcis2ALM9Dol.jpg

YES. I love the way the black/purple/black looks, but those black pants, at least in current guise, just do not look good AT ALL with the white tops...and since the AFC is the "away" team this year, this is the look they should go with. I wanna see these go up against the 49ers. Red vs purple...kind of.

(All this is assuming the Ravens actually beat the Patriots, which, as recent history has shown us, has proven a tall task. And oh yeah, if the Niners win, too.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If I were the Ravens, I'd drop the white pants altogether and replace them with purple pants. Then they could always wear black pants with the purple jersey, purple pants with the white jersey, and either pair with the black jersey.

Unfortunately, they haven't done this, so they're stuck with either a clean but slightly bland white monochrome road combo, or the ugly white jersey, black pants look.

The black pants also need to have stripes again.

Testaverde-439x320.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I admit those falcons pants/socks to go well with their respective jerseys.. but even still needing two sets of white pants seems like poor designing to me. Even if it looks good (I know that makes no sense!)

Just thinking they coulda have found a way to make one set of white pants match both red and black socks.

Only way they can do that is if they change the jersey also. The piping down the jersey matches through to the piping of the pants. But because of the popularity of the throwback set, the black pants had to be dropped and we're stuck with this. I liked their original black jerseys along with the black pants, but I doubt we'll ever see those again.

Go A's!

All of the Ravens' uniform combos are nightmares... it's just a matter of degrees.

The Niners have the best uniform left in the playoffs, by a pretty good margin, but only if you can't count alternates. If the NFL allowed alts in the big game, the Falcons could wear their beautiful throwback, the current best uniform in football at any level. Their current primary lost it's juice quite a while ago... it still looks like Vick's uniform to me.

Since they can't, the best possiblity left to us is 9ers red vs Pats white.

If the Ravens make it, here's hoping they pay homage to their last Super Bowl appearance by wearing white on white, with the now rarely seen white socks.

kerry.jpg

It's been a number of years since they've worn the striped socks. I doubt they even have them anymore. It's a shame because the striped socks would make the black pants somewhat tolerable.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think the Ravens' current logo is "horrid,"

Oh it is. Between looking like the raven has whiskers and having to flip the B around to use the logo on both sides of the helmet it's just a poorly designed mess.

but I am inclined to believe something like this would look better:

baltimore-ravens-alternate-logo_1996-1998.gif

That would be MUCH better.

All of the Ravens' uniform combos are nightmares... it's just a matter of degrees.

This is one of the best uniforms in football:

bionic-ray-lewis-03.jpg

Would be even better with pants stripes and the 1996 double-outlined numbers instead of the current drop-shadowed font.

Terrible logo, outdated helmet stripes, disco collar, dumb number font, and from the waste down, yoga pants an 18 year old girl would envy.

But yeah, if you discount all that, one of the best uniforms in football.

This is one of the best uniforms in football:

bionic-ray-lewis-03.jpg

Would be even better with pants stripes and the 1996 double-outlined numbers instead of the current drop-shadowed font.

I don't understand why they don't wear purples socks with this with the old striping on the pants & this would be a great look as it is now it is just horrible. Oh yeah I forgot also get rid of the drop shadow numbers.

The black pants also need to have stripes again.

Why?

The Ravens are a team with very little striping in their entire set. "Stripes for the sake of stripes" don't make sense for some teams. The mock-up above is one that actually would make some sense, since it used the limited striping on the helmet and put it on the pants. Its one of the things that bugs me about the white pants the Ravens wear. The striping seems out of place.

Their pants with the nice "B" logo on the side are very nice. The Rams would be smart to go stripeless with their navy pants (and bring back the solid gold pants as well for continuity).

Hopefully the Vikings have purple pants (and actually WEAR them this time) with their redesign. No purple pants in the entire league. Also the Browns are likely to bring the orange pants back, from rumors I have heard. Would be nice to have someone wearing orange pants as well in the league as well.

Archived