2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Kings have ditched the Gretzky-era wordmark on their helmets, switching to the current one.

kingshelmet_zps32cb982b.jpg

Now all they need is a waist stripe on the home uniform and they'll look decent.

I was reading about Nolan causing a possible neck injury/concussion to a Yote player this weekend...was this the result (him in the box?)

^^ Probably. Nolan KO'd Rusty Klesla (concussed) and Biz Nasty jumped off the bench to fight him apparently.

Thanks. It's getting ugly already, I see... Well...ummm.... at least we got a peek at the new helmet font :)

I really like those Stars and Hurricanes uniforms. I can't believe how much improved the Stars look. Still miss the old logo but that new one is growing on me.

I do, too. I think the Canes is a missed opportunity to more tastefully place in the block flags, but overall, it looks decent on the ice. I hated the design at first...maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I'm happy to be wrong.

Regarding the Isles' move to Brooklyn:

Fans of the team would most likely agree that he came to the right decision, but the Barclays Center CEO does intend to add a patch to the home and away jerseys that identifies in Brooklyn.

The patch would be placed around the shoulder area of the jersey. “We’re working with Charles and the league on that,” he said.

Yormark also intends to revamp the third jersey to appeal Brooklyn.

“What we will do is introduce a third jersey,” he said. “A second home jersey, and that is where we are going to get a little creative. That is where we will speak to Brooklyn in an authentic way.”

He did not, however, go into specific details as to what the new third jersey would look like.

Creative....we've all seen what happens when the New York Islanders get creative.

sig.png

Regarding the Isles' move to Brooklyn:

Fans of the team would most likely agree that he came to the right decision, but the Barclays Center CEO does intend to add a patch to the home and away jerseys that identifies in Brooklyn.

The patch would be placed around the shoulder area of the jersey. Were working with Charles and the league on that, he said.

Yormark also intends to revamp the third jersey to appeal Brooklyn.

What we will do is introduce a third jersey, he said. A second home jersey, and that is where we are going to get a little creative. That is where we will speak to Brooklyn in an authentic way.

He did not, however, go into specific details as to what the new third jersey would look like.

Creative....we've all seen what happens when the New York Islanders get creative.

jay-z-brooklyn-nets-jersey-3.jpg

But with sleeves

IbjBaeE.png

I can deal with a Brooklyn-esque alternate logo on the shoulders so long as the classic Isles look remains intact.

As for a Brooklyn themed alternate, just take the current black alternate and replace the "ISLANDERS" text with "BROOKLYN" text. It'll tie in with the Nets' look with the black at the very least. It'll still be objectively terrible though.

Do you think they'll actually use Brooklyn on the unis even if it's not their locale name? I mean the Rangers don't have anything that says Manhattan on it.

I'm more than fine with a nice shoulder patch, maybe with the Brooklyn bridge and the old Isles lighthouse incorporated in.

If they have to make a Brooklyn-themed alternate, even though it's a total Rangers rip-off, I'd be cool with a modernized version of this, in Isles colors.

Americans13.png

sig.png

Do you think they'll actually use Brooklyn on the unis even if it's not their locale name? I mean the Rangers don't have anything that says Manhattan on it.

I'm more than fine with a nice shoulder patch, maybe with the Brooklyn bridge and the old Isles lighthouse incorporated in.

If they have to make a Brooklyn-themed alternate, even though it's a total Rangers rip-off, I'd be cool with a modernized version of this, in Isles colors.

Americans13.png

I think something like that would be great for the outdoor game at Yankee Stadium. They'll probably do something more original for the new alt.

NS_15STARS12_33196200.JPG

NS_15STARS07_33196072.jpg

The lack of an outline on the names and numbers completely destroys the Dallas set for me. They just look so....empty.

They would be one of the top looks in the league, otherwise.

Even without the outline, I still think that these are sweet jerseys. They look even better now that they are finally being worn.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived