2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Where did you hear the black thirds will be the primary?

I'm just getting into "leaks" so please pardon me if I'm totally wrong or out of line (finally got an "in" hopefully it's legit and I can get more from them). From what I was shown so far, the sharks have the third for next season, but home/away was blacked out with TBD over it. I know that's nothing great as far as news, but that's all I got. What everyone saying about a few teams is correct with "changes" being adding a faux lace up. Most of the other "changes" were not shown to me (ex Stars). I don't know if they are still in the preliminary stage or this guy is just lower on the totem pole.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of vintage...

Jan3113_milli_g.jpg

This season, in honour of the spirit of innovation and excellence born a century ago, your Vancouver Canucks will proudly wear the patch of the Vancouver Millionaires. Join us as we celebrate a daring, brilliant chapter in hockey's history that happened right here in BC.

http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=86493

Go to canucks.com/millionaires for more information and check back often for more exciting Millionaires news as the Canucks continue to honour Vancouver’s hockey roots, particularly in-game March 16th as the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=653445

More pics of the photoshoot here.

Seriously, if you don't already follow Icethetics on twitter, do it now.

edit: lame, didn't see the topic about this

I think that this needs to happen. I want to see those on ice for at least one game. They look really nice.

I don't know. Metropolitans/Metros would be nice, but I'm open to anything else, provided it's actually good. Given that the Thunderbirds will probably be kicked out of the market should Seattle get a NHL team maybe they could use that identity?

I always thought that Totems would have been cool because that was the planned expansion team in 1976. The Totems were supposed to jump from the WHL (later CHL) to the NHL via expansion.

The Catch of the Day!

Speaking of vintage...

Jan3113_milli_g.jpg

This season, in honour of the spirit of innovation and excellence born a century ago, your Vancouver Canucks will proudly wear the patch of the Vancouver Millionaires. Join us as we celebrate a daring, brilliant chapter in hockey's history that happened right here in BC.

http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=86493

Go to canucks.com/millionaires for more information and check back often for more exciting Millionaires news as the Canucks continue to honour Vancouver’s hockey roots, particularly in-game March 16th as the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=653445

More pics of the photoshoot here.

Seriously, if you don't already follow Icethetics on twitter, do it now.

edit: lame, didn't see the topic about this

Are these going to be available to purchase?

untitled-6.jpg

Given that the Thunderbirds will probably be kicked out of the market should Seattle get a NHL team maybe they could use that identity?

Why do you think that?

I doubt there's enough corporate and fan support in Seattle for both NHL and WHL hockey.

Given that the Thunderbirds will probably be kicked out of the market should Seattle get a NHL team maybe they could use that identity?

Why do you think that?

I doubt there's enough corporate abd fan support in Seattle for both NHL and WHL hockey.

meh, just put the team in Tacoma.

Enough with these stupid throwback vintage jerseys/patches/logos/whatever bull :censored:. It never seems to be enough for the Canucks organisation to just stick with one look and not clutter up their catalogue or jersey design.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

You had to know this was coming when they purchased the rights to the Millionaires' identity this past year. From a guy named Thor, no less.

Edit: I'm not a fan of them dressing up in the maroon and brown though. Adapt that uniform to the Canucks colour scheme if you must I guess.

The millionaire's patch on the front of the 3rd jersey is clutter. I'd rather see it replace the Johnny Canuck head on a V on the shoulders.

The millionaire's patch on the front of the 3rd jersey is clutter. I'd rather see it replace the Johnny Canuck head on a V on the shoulders.

Absolutely, that would be suitable. Not great but suitable.

Enough with these stupid throwback vintage jerseys/patches/logos/whatever bull :censored:. It never seems to be enough for the Canucks organisation to just stick with one look and not clutter up their catalogue or jersey design.

It's their 2nd jersey patch in 15 years. And each of them were only worn on alternate jerseys.

lol also, this is the dumbest thing I have seen someone get upset over...

I guess you want the Green Bay Packers to become the Milwaukee Packers now, too?

Nope. Just the Anaheim Ducks to become the Los Angeles Ducks.

Well, if you care so much about teams having "well known" city names, might as well change the Packers to the MIlwaukee Packers, as I'm sure people in Taiwan are more familiar with Milwaukee than they are with Green Bay.

Anyways, you should be ashamed of yourself. That idea is really, really bad for multiple reasons, and somewhat offensive.

Offensive? Not at all. The Los Angeles Rams played in Anaheim for fourteen years while using the Los Angeles name and no one noticed. The Angels' attendance hasn't suffered since they've adopted the Los Angeles name. Obviously it doesn't offend Angels fans.

Now your signature? That's offensive.

It's offensive in the sense that he's inferring that Anaheim and Orange County is inferior, and that they should steal the "Los Angeles" moniker, to try and get more publicity, etc. It would also look very desperate, and I can only imagine what kind of :censored: Kings fans would start giving Ducks fans.

The Angels name change WAS offensive to many Angels fans (just because attendance wasn't hurt, doesn't mean it didn't upset the fans, and I believe a few people cancelled season seats over it). Also, the Angels, along with the Rams, had played in Los Angeles before, so it was a different situation, too.

Also, get over the signature. It's a joke, and not even one I personally made, but a quote by some Canadian HF poster. I don't have anything against Canada or homosexual people. It's funny in the sense that the scenerio would upset the Don Cherry/grandfather types, who are always complaining about today's society, hockey, etc.

Well, Don Cherry himself probably wouldn't mind, as there's a chance he could be gay. He's pretty close to Dougie Gilmour, afterall.... And don't forget that great fashion sense. ;)

Anyways, you should be ashamed of yourself. That idea is really, really bad for multiple reasons, and somewhat offensive.

Get a God damn life will you!

Hey, I'm not the one who swims around all day...

You post something on a message board, expect it to be critiqued.

I guess you want the Green Bay Packers to become the Milwaukee Packers now, too?

Nope. Just the Anaheim Ducks to become the Los Angeles Ducks.

Well, if you care so much about teams having "well known" city names, might as well change the Packers to the MIlwaukee Packers, as I'm sure people in Taiwan are more familiar with Milwaukee than they are with Green Bay.

Offensive? Not at all. The Los Angeles Rams played in Anaheim for fourteen years while using the Los Angeles name and no one noticed. The Angels' attendance hasn't suffered since they've adopted the Los Angeles name. Obviously it doesn't offend Angels fans.

Now your signature? That's offensive.

It's offensive in the sense that he's inferring that Anaheim and Orange County is inferior, and that they should steal the "Los Angeles" moniker, to try and get more publicity, etc. It would also look very desperate, and I can only imagine what kind of :censored: Kings fans would start giving Ducks fans.

The Angels name change WAS offensive to many Angels fans (just because attendance wasn't hurt, doesn't mean it didn't upset the fans, and I believe a few people cancelled season seats over it). Also, the Angels, along with the Rams, had played in Los Angeles before, so it was a different situation, too.

It wouldn't be "stealing." The Islanders have spent all of their existence on Long Island, outside of New York City, but they're called New York because Long Island is recognized as being part of the New York metro area.

It wouldn't be implying Anaheim or Orange County are inferior, just part of the larger Los Angeles metro area, which they are. That's not offensive.

Now here's the thing. I don't think the Ducks should go to the Los Angeles name. The die's been cast, they're an Anaheim team. Consider this though. If they had simply gone with the Los Angeles name back in 1993 we wouldn't even consider "Anaheim" as a viable location name. We'd just assume any team that played there would use "Los Angeles." Much like how we don't think it's odd that the Pistons use "Detroit" but play in Auburn Hills.

Also, get over the signature. It's a joke, and not even one I personally made, but a quote by some Canadian HF poster. I don't have anything against Canada or homosexual people. It's funny in the sense that the scenerio would upset the Don Cherry/grandfather types, who are always complaining about today's society, hockey, etc.

Well, Don Cherry himself probably wouldn't mind, as there's a chance he could be gay. He's pretty close to Dougie Gilmour, afterall.... And don't forget that great fashion sense. ;)

You post something on a message board, expect it to be critiqued.

Why do you think that?

I doubt there's enough corporate and fan support in Seattle for both NHL and WHL hockey.

I'd disagree. Seattle has 2 WHL teams within 30 miles of it and together they average 8-9k fans. NHL fanbase would be completely different. I'd say the Everett fans wouldn't support a Seattle NHL team (their radio station broadcasts the Canucks games) much in the way they support WSU over UW. So the Silvertips would be fine. The Thunderbirds have really started setting roots in the Kent community and their sponsorships come not from the giants in the area but local businesses supporting the local team. I don't think that would change much, either. A lot like Vancouver, I think the NHL in town only helps draw attention to the fact there is a cheaper alternative for competitive hockey in the area, I don't think you would end up with another Toronto/Mississauga/Brampton situation.

It's their 2nd jersey patch in 15 years. And each of them were only worn on alternate jerseys.

lol also, this is the dumbest thing I have seen someone get upset over...

It's not that dumb. It's a combination of all these different looks the Canucks have had and the fact that they never seem happy to settle on one, even if it works. I think it's pretty ridiculous and maybe it seems like a bit of an overreaction to a patch, but I'm mainly reffering to the amalgamation of all these identities over the years.

I don't see the Red Wings putting out a new logo or jersey design every few seasons. I like consistency....I don't see what's so dumb about that opinion.

That's not dumb at all.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

as if it's not enough that the canucks interchangeably use all of these different logos, color schemes, and identities... now they're going to start mixing in logos/colors/identities of non-related vancouver hockey teams?

makes sense to me.

as if it's not enough that the canucks interchangeably use all of these different logos, color schemes, and identities... now they're going to start mixing in logos/colors/identities of non-related vancouver hockey teams?

makes sense to me.

Because that's what's kewl.

Archived