2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VICTORIOUS!

I didn't think it was stupid at all. I think it's terrific. I think it added another element that isn't present when that area is filled in by navy blue (as shown on their current uniforms).

It's a visually more interesting piece with black and navy blue working together with red.

ZHERDEV-1.jpg

plus the socks were better than the current socks and 6 stars is better than 2 stars. I wouldn't use black and navy blue together again (BUTLER basketball!), but they defied the odds and made it look fantastic on this uniform. I miss them dearly.

PvO6ZWJ.png

VICTORIOUS!

I didn't think it was stupid at all. I think it's terrific. I think it added another element that isn't present when that area is filled in by navy blue (as shown on their current uniforms).

It's a visually more interesting piece with black and navy blue working together with red.

ZHERDEV-1.jpg

plus the socks were better than the current socks and 6 stars is better than 2 stars. I wouldn't use black and navy blue together again (BUTLER basketball!), but they defied the odds and made it look fantastic on this uniform. I miss them dearly.

I probably need to see an authentic jersey up close to appreciate it I guess.

I just always thought combining two very dark colors together like the Blue Jackets did was a bad idea.

Whatever happened to this logo from the Ottawa All-Star Game package? (excuse the quality, I had to re-render it.)

fpmDpWz.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Can we get them on the mothership?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

I don't know why black works for that Blue Jackets sweater, but it absolutely does. It's the strangest thing. I really like it.

Oh and Dallas would have been better off with an expansion team because Texas was a necessary expansion step, but the league should have expended millions of dollars over at least four years to preserve pro hockey in the Twin Cities. Or is that unreasonable?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only reason I don't mind the black here is because it contrasted with the navy under the TV lights.

2867382_display_image.jpg?1311193290nashin2003alt.jpg

There is no damn black in that jersey. It's just a darker navy.

BTW, this isn't a direct response to you, but to everyone saying that there's black in the jersey.

No, it's black.

Uh, no. It's navy.

It's black. I own two of those jerseys one of which is an authentic.

Seriously? You'd think on a website where people are so obsessive about colors that so many people wouldn't make this mistake. I can clearly tell in those photos --

And that's where you went wrong... the "color-obsessive people on this website" have trained us over the years to not trust photos.

But you blew my mind for a split-second. Very definitive. ("Double-navy?!")

As for the jerseys, I'm not a fan of mixing navy and black. It just seems like it should be one or the other. But... it's Columbus, not some longtime franchise. Maybe that should have become their thing and stuck with it, because there sure is enough navy and red in the sports world. Not my personal taste, but it seems to have some fans here.

I don't know why black works for that Blue Jackets sweater, but it absolutely does. It's the strangest thing. I really like it.

Oh and Dallas would have been better off with an expansion team because Texas was a necessary expansion step, but the league should have expended millions of dollars over at least four years to preserve pro hockey in the Twin Cities. Or is that unreasonable?

This is the GDNHL we're talking about here. "Reasonable" isn't exactly in its vocabulary.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's kind of weird how BFBS gets trashed here for pretty much every team, but people seem to love the Blue jerseys. I guess it's an unpopular opinion that I like the current set with navy sleeves better.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/five-outdoor-nhl-games-2014-yankee-dodgers-stadium-003823881--nhl.html

If this stadium series comes to fruition there's a good chance some teams will be rolling out throwbacks or fauxbacks. I could see LA wearing Gretzky-era black and silver, and the Ducks possibly wearing an old Mighty Ducks uniform. Hopefully Ottawa will wear a white version of the =O= jerseys.

I could have bought one of those jerseys for $60 about 8 years ago. I didn't. 5 years later, stupid me bought a very legit looking (but still fake) knockoff of the Edge jerseys for $50. One of the biggest jersey mistakes I've ever made.

http://sports.yahoo....23881--nhl.html

If this stadium series comes to fruition there's a good chance some teams will be rolling out throwbacks or fauxbacks. I could see LA wearing Gretzky-era black and silver, and the Ducks possibly wearing an old Mighty Ducks uniform. Hopefully Ottawa will wear a white version of the =O= jerseys.

Noo, no no no! Jan 1st Winter Classic = Awesome. Heritage Classic = Awesome for Canadians. Anything else is gimmicky and we're just beating the dead horse.

OttawaSenators.png

I think BBTV said it a couple of years ago about the Beej's old alts - it's the exception that proves the rule. Navy and black looked good together on a sports uniform exactly once. This was it.

I think it's the relatively thick bright red-and-white piping separating the navy from the black that makes the whole idea work, If that piping's just white or just red, I think the difference between the navy and black becomes harder to spot. And as much as I would have loved to see this design adopted full-time, I can't think of a way to implement the navy, red, and black on a white sweater in a manner that wouldn't come out a mess.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived