2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

According to all reports, Winnipeg is a lock for the Heritage Classic in 2016,once all of the bugs are worked out of IGField.

I'd really like to see the Jets hosting the Nordyotes, but who knows what'll happen. This is the NHL.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with the number of games, just dislike the two in the same venue 3 days apart with one of the same teams playing in both games.

You want to have Isles/Rangers at Yankee Stadium, that's fine. The Isles have been asking Bettman for that game for years. They finally got respectable enough for him to listen. But there's no need to shoehorn in the Devils for another game. Not a knock on the Devils, but since their state is hosting the SB, give them their own game to celebrate it.

The SB is technically being played in NJ, so let the Devils host their own game at Rutgers Stadium (52K capacity). Let them host the Flyers, Caps, or Sabres. This would be HUGE in N.J. This way the media market keeps the game, but it's a different, and much larger, venue with different teams taking part.

The Ducks only have two home games left, tonight, and April 27 against Phoenix. They will be wearing their thirds on the 27th, and probably in the playoffs, and if the rumors are true, the thirds (or a new jersey) will become the new primary home uniforms. Considering that, tonight might be the final time the Ducks ever wear the black wordmark jerseys.

The Ducks only have two home games left, tonight, and April 27 against Phoenix. They will be wearing their thirds on the 27th, and probably in the playoffs, and if the rumors are true, the thirds (or a new jersey) will become the new primary home uniforms. Considering that, tonight might be the final time the Ducks ever wear the black wordmark jerseys.

yes-yes-yes.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not to rain on your parade, as I will be just as happy to see the Duck's current set vanquished, but if this is true why was there no mention of the Ducks changing jerseys in the RBK catalogue? No doubt they'll wear the thirds in the playoffs but don't count on a wholesale change just yet. They wore the thirds in the playoffs in 2011 too...

The Kings wore their thirds in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs, and switched to them for the 2011-12 season. The Sharks have done the same for the last two seasons, and the regular teal and matching whites have been heavily discounted, indicating change. I don't know what the Sharks have done promotionally, but the Kings used their thirds in almost all highlights/Jumbotron videos/commercials/website usages. The Ducks seem to be doing the same.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Kings wore their thirds in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs, and switched to them for the 2011-12 season. The Sharks have done the same for the last two seasons, and the regular teal and matching whites have been heavily discounted, indicating change. I don't know what the Sharks have done promotionally, but the Kings used their thirds in almost all highlights/Jumbotron videos/commercials/website usages. The Ducks seem to be doing the same.

According the RBK catalogue, the Sharks black jersey will remain the third with a new Home and Away.

According the RBK catalogue, the Sharks black jersey will remain the third with a new Home and Away.

Please be awesome. Please. Be awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Replacing the orange with grey and dropping the front numbers would make a world of difference.

And lose the shoulder yoke. Get a cool number font.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And put the fin on the shoulders. No need for three similar Sharks on the uniform. Would love to see shoulder / arm stripe style but I doubt that happens.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Not to rain on your parade, as I will be just as happy to see the Duck's current set vanquished, but if this is true why was there no mention of the Ducks changing jerseys in the RBK catalogue? No doubt they'll wear the thirds in the playoffs but don't count on a wholesale change just yet. They wore the thirds in the playoffs in 2011 too...

Do you not understand "and if the rumors are true"?

FINALLY :D

But other than the endless plugging of the third, has there actually been any indication that the Ducks will be ditching the wordmark jerseys? I get the impression that they're contempt with keeping things the way they are now, and teasing us with the third for another year or so.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Hopefully the black alt never gets promoted as the new home. It's not strong enough to be a home jersey. It's a borderline practice jersey.

Hopefully the black alt never gets promoted as the new home. It's not strong enough to be a home jersey.

Agreed, it's not even really that good of a jersey. The logo's, colours and lack hem stripes scream futuristic yet it has a lace up collar.

The Sharks' orange is weird. I loved the idea of it happening just before it did. And then it happened and I wasn't crazy about it. There's no doubt that the grey/silver is a much better fit and makes it one of the league's strongest identities.

The problem with the orange is that it contrasts too much with the teal and black, making the uniform look terrible. I like the sound of grey coming back, or maybe dropping black altogether?

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

And put the fin on the shoulders. No need for three similar Sharks on the uniform. Would love to see shoulder / arm stripe style but I doubt that happens.

I agree. As much as I like the full body shark, I really do dig the fin. And not the "SJ" version like on the shoulders of the third jersey. Just the fin itself.

10f6d88.jpg

The fin of a great white poking above the water is just so scary and iconic (thanks to Jaws), and the way its drawn with the water churning around it giving you the impression that the shark is swimming full force towards its prey is pretty damn cool.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived