College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

The Air Force grey vs tan thing is because they used a warm grey instead of a cool grey which most teams use when they use grey. Lighting plays a roll but so does the color itself.

So it is grey but the tan folks aren't completely insane for seeing some tan in there.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The honeycombs for GaTech are back tonight!!

this might be an unpopular opinion but I love the honeycombs, was so excited when I saw them today

hopefully this helmet makes a return this season as well

130225041835_tech-honeycomb-helmet225.jp

georgia-tech-v-byu-20131013-012435-747.j

Georgia Tech needs to dump Russell for this garbage. How hard is it to come up with a good looking uniform when the school colors are navy and gold?

I don't understand why they insist on wearing that :censored:ty version of it instead of these:

pro4hfk.png

izIpXcd.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I thought Baylor looked like garbage yesterday. Nike has got to do a better job of matching their uniforms colors to their helmet than this:

BWUkX5lCQAA3p02.jpg

I would like that if they got rid of the (what are they? claws?) on the shoulders, they practically ruin this uniform. And matching the gold up to the helmet.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I thought Baylor looked like garbage yesterday. Nike has got to do a better job of matching their uniforms colors to their helmet than this:

BWUkX5lCQAA3p02.jpg

I would like that if they got rid of the (what are they? claws?) on the shoulders, they practically ruin this uniform. And matching the gold up to the helmet.
The 49ers use a similar color on their helmet. Baylor should've went with something darker than what San Francisco uses on their pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

this might be an unpopular opinion but I love the honeycombs, was so excited when I saw them today

Georgia Tech needs to dump Russell for this garbage. How hard is it to come up with a good looking uniform when the school colors are navy and gold?

every school should drop russell they ruin every look, atleast adidas doesn't screw up everyones look, and under armor and nike do a pretty good job with most of their schools

Russell just needs to go away period. Why are schools (Ga. Tech, Southern Miss, Ohio) are too blind to go to Nike and stick with this garbage? Whoever thought of them joining Russell is not using their head very well.

Get a clue people and stop blaming the manufacturer. It's the SCHOOL that screws it up because they AGREE to the crappy uniform. They are the client and they have the ultimate voice in what a uniform looks like. Why does USC, Penn State, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama look like they do? Because they understand that they control what they look like. And remember they are talking to the big gorilla in uniform manufacturing, Nike. If they can tell Nike what they will look like, any school can do the same. It's the school's fault for looking bad.

Might be the worst jersey this year, when camo goes BAD!!!!:

rp_primary_Hugh.jpg

Maritime College (NY) Privateers

What on EARTH was that? The StoneHeads marked the moment when CFB uniforms jumped the shark, though the Miami (OH) bowling balls were a good indicator. This would be the part where a shark EATS The Fonz/CFB, leaps into the air, and explodes, only to reveal that our hero was a time travelling robot from a distant galaxy...while still keeping the same Happy Days plot line. In other words, we've jumped the shark--now it's just getting unbearably bad.

In other news, MTSU uni-tracker info: last week, it was Silver/Blue/Silver. This week at UNT, Silver/White/White. A bye this week, then the Blackout vs. Marshall, meaning likely Matte Black/Black/Black.

As you were.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

rp_primary_Hugh.jpg

What on EARTH was that? The StoneHeads marked the moment when CFB uniforms jumped the shark, though the Miami (OH) bowling balls were a good indicator. This would be the part where a shark EATS The Fonz/CFB, leaps into the air, and explodes, only to reveal that our hero was a time travelling robot from a distant galaxy...while still keeping the same Happy Days plot line. In other words, we've jumped the shark--now it's just getting unbearably bad.

In other news, MTSU uni-tracker info: last week, it was Silver/Blue/Silver. This week at UNT, Silver/White/White. A bye this week, then the Blackout vs. Marshall, meaning likely Matte Black/Black/Black.

As you were.

I like that you (rightfully) blast the current state of CFB uniforms, right before giving us an update on the apparently ever revolving uniforms of MTSU. By the way, am I the only one who can't figure out who MTSU is?

rp_primary_Hugh.jpg

That type of camo jersey has been making the rounds in the MIAA conference. My alma mater, Missouri Western, has a black and gold variant of it.I think UCM has a red and white one too. Its ugly.

I don't understand why they insist on wearing that :censored:ty version of it instead of these:

pro4hfk.png

izIpXcd.png

They both suck tremendously.

Seriously. It's like trying to decide which animal's crap you'd rather accidentally step in.

rp_primary_Hugh.jpg

As you were.

I like that you (rightfully) blast the current state of CFB uniforms, right before giving us an update on the apparently ever revolving uniforms of MTSU. By the way, am I the only one who can't figure out who MTSU is?

Middle Tennessee State. I only know because they played Mississippi State last year.

rp_primary_Hugh.jpg

I honestly don't mind most fads. Black or Silver uniforms, pink in october, piping, etc.

But I hate camo uniforms. Not only do they look awful, there's no purpose. I highly doubt any military members are actually honored that Maritime College in New York wore camo for them.

PIC.

As you were.

To be honest, up until a couple of years ago, I said that Middle (Middle Tennessee/MT/MTSU) should never have gone I-A in 1998, because we were better off playing Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, and Austin Peay, but we've had some competitive-for-us years, including an 8 win season last year with a win over Georgia Tech (and a bowl snub, which led to us jumping ship from the Sun Belt Conference a year early), and have been to multiple bowl games in the past several years after a 50 year drought. I don't expect most people to know MTSU, which is why I'm spreading the somewhat tempered love.

Same thing with the Uni-Tracker thing. Middle, my alma mater, does a lot wrong, and a little bit right. After looking every bit the lower-mid-major sideshow we were for years by changing jersey styles, templates, and manufacturers far too regularly and making high school teams look good, we finally settled on a Nike contract and template, and have just added to it. We look like USC in blue, white, and silver.

First, all they had were blue and white tops and pants, and silver helmets. Over time (usually one to two elements per year), they grew the set, with a solid black set and shiny black helmet, and slightly off silver/gray pants to hearken back to the school's football tradition. The silver pants were scrapped, re-done, and re-introduced (not perfect, but close enough), and the glass black lid was replaced with a matte black--and while I hate having black uniform elements on a team called the BLUE Raiders, the matte black looks much, much better than the gloss. This year, they added a white helmet, which the program used to use (like the silver pants), and for some reason a second white helmet with the American flag in the logo. (Thank you, Nike.)

While we do have a crazy amount of options, they're all on the same template, and correspond well. When Middle doesn't go crazy (like wearing monochrome blue, or throwing in the black lid or black pants haphazardly) they look like they're supposed to--the white trim on the blue top matches the white pants, or the silver lid matches the silver pants, or whatnot. No ghost flames, no bowling balls, no diamond plate, and no rocks. Just a handful of options. Middle Tennessee, uniform-wise, lives on a razorblade, and if they fall to one side, they look classy, and to the other....well, unprofessional may be the best way to describe it. It may not be camo-barf or neon highlighters, but a patriotic white helmet with a plain blue jersey and black pants isn't exactly a legacy I want to carry on for State Teachers College. That's one of the reasons I keep tabs on it, especially since we don't have any other people keeping any eye on it this closely--and little things like the pair of white buckets are a bit surprising when they do appear.

Also, I'd post pics, but GoBlueRaiders.com is one of the few places I can get them for each game, and the way their photo galleries are enclosed all I can do is link to them; no direct posting.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

For the third consecutive year Wyoming will wear their state flag decal for the 105th Border War with CSU. Previous years combos have been brown/gold/brown and white/gold/brown

BWj3TcVIAAAjhmv.jpg

A normal gloss finish and a yellow stripe pordered by white would do wonders for that brown helmet.

Archived