College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually a big fan of what the Ducks do with their uniforms. On this occasion, I think it's a swing and a miss (uniform wise, the idea and sentiment behind it is great)

Don't like the 'hot pink'. Reckon they would of looked better with a softer pink. Something like the ones that were mocked up last year.

url-1.jpeg

or

url.jpeg

or even

url-2.jpeg

Those Ducks helmets/unis look terrible together. At least in the past when Oregon looked bad, they had a cohesive look. This looks like a hs trying to rip off Oregon and the NFL. Very half-a**ed, IMO.

Also, want to add that the black and pink doesn't work together for me. TCU wore all black a few years ago on the day they celebrate breast cancer survivors and remember those who lost the fight. Pink obviously represents breast cancer, but wearing black clothes for most people is for going to funerals. Wearing all black while asking the fans to think about the fight against breast cancer doesn't seem well thought out to me.

Love what Oregon does almost every single week, a good 98% probably, but this is a miss from a asethic point in my view. Hell, it's Oregon, they should have gone all out and trimmed numbers in pink, pink feather designs, the pink feathered helmets shown above a few posts. Rare miss for Oregon here.

please tell me these aren't real

ncf_e_ouuni1_300x300.jpg

BWx87ELCcAA3wFC.jpg

Oregon will auction off 25 helmets though and the proceeds will go to the Kay Yow Foundation, so I applaud them for that.

Did Jackie Onasis High get new unis? I prefer the ones they wore in the rematch with Polk High!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Glad they're donating proceeds to Kay Yow Foundation for this, wish our school (NC State) did something every year for it uniform wise, though we did a couple years ago. Glad to see Oregon joining in in that way

Is nike/oregon making a cash donation to KYF as well or are they relying on drawing attention to themselves marketing uniforms and relying upon auction proceeds from the public to provide the funds?

This whole charity auction thing has gotten completely out of whack. Nike or any other entitiy specifically procuring goods (i.e. investing additional funds) for the sake of donation completely defeats the purpose of a charity auction. If you think about it they could've put a commemorative patch/sticker on existing uniforms for about $1/item then taken the cash they would have spent on the special pink equipment and donated that cash directly to the KYF. But then again that probably doesn't draw enough attention to the "gracious givers".

Amazing how these causes have become the "Look at me I'm supporting a cause" game.

Especially the NFL pink BS, but I'm sure these college teams too, is just a front for marketing toward women. Hardly any tangible good comes out of it. If the NFL were so worried about cancer in it's fans, they'd take on prostate cancer, which is not exactly something most men feel comfortable about talking about and has a much higher mortality rate than breast cancer - which is highly treatable and early detection is something one can start at home.

But those men are already watching football, so who cares about their health...

I think it needs to be cancer awarenes not just Breast cancer I know they do the pink in all but the most devistating cancer is what my father in law had was Pancreatic cancer. We need have Pancreatic cancer awareness month. Breast cancer is way easier to treat, although both are bad.

I think it needs to be cancer awarenes not just Breast cancer I know they do the pink in all but the most devistating cancer is what my father in law had was Pancreatic cancer. We need have Pancreatic cancer awareness month. Breast cancer is way easier to treat, although both are bad.

And with pancreatic cancer awareness month being in November, there is no reason why football team can't do something special for it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

And with pancreatic cancer awareness month being in November, there is no reason why football team can't do something special for it.

I don't know about some of the people here but being an everday member of society makes me pretty damn aware of all cancers on a weekly if not daily basis. It sure doesn't require Brand X's multi million $ marketing campaign to open my eyes.

Boo. Boo, Oregon, boo.

I actually like that the O logo is back on the helmet, though. And I'm dreading to see the disaster that Navy will inevitably wear in the Army-Navy game when Under Armour tries to one-up Nike.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Love what Oregon does almost every single week, a good 98% probably, but this is a miss from a asethic point in my view. Hell, it's Oregon, they should have gone all out and trimmed numbers in pink, pink feather designs, the pink feathered helmets shown above a few posts. Rare miss for Oregon here.

Yup, I'm right there with you. They've looked great this year aside from the "sonic boom" helmets which I'm not a huge fan of.

They should've just gone with one of the white helmets above or just stuck a pink O on the their white helmet. Pair that with white on grey and it's a nice look and doesn't clash with the pink too much.

The black jersey is my least favorite of their set.

please tell me these aren't real

ncf_e_ouuni1_300x300.jpg

BWx87ELCcAA3wFC.jpg

Oregon will auction off 25 helmets though and the proceeds will go to the Kay Yow Foundation, so I applaud them for that.

Did Jackie Onasis High get new unis? I prefer the ones they wore in the rematch with Polk High!

That is a good post right there.^^^^^^^

Are the they actually calling it that? That's pretty tacky if they are.

That's what ESPN was saying they're calling it. I like how they change the color of the on-field logos to reflect their uniforms. God, even if they were just navy like they use in other athletics, it would be a trillion times better than BFBS.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived