College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Navy looks good with the navy pants added to the Army-Navy game look. MTSU has the dumb S&S logo.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=333642426&photoId=3456593

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

considering Baylor is playing a black and gold school, this isn't a great decision. Where's the green? Also Miss/ Ga Tech looks nice, though I wish Tech had worn the throwbacks. But at least it's not the honeycombs

Mizzou Cotton Bowl combo:

BcwU5u5CQAAmGl8.jpg

And in the not a surprise at all, Baylor again decides to avoid wearing school colors and will be wearing black in the Fiesta Bowl.

BcwQukfCAAAwQns.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but Mizzou has a top 3 modern uniform in my mind, especially this combo they will be wearing for the Corton Bowl.

I'm really not a fan of the white jersey, but I think everything else about the look is fantastic. And I agree black/yellow/black is definitely my favourite combo.

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but Mizzou has a top 3 modern uniform in my mind, especially this combo they will be wearing for the Cotton Bowl.

If the black and white jerseys used the same striping as the yellow jerseys, then it would be the best set in college football.

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but Mizzou has a top 3 modern uniform in my mind, especially this combo they will be wearing for the Cotton Bowl.

You're not alone... I love Mizzou's uniforms. Top 5 modern look easy, now I just need to get my hands on their font.

Nothing confirmed yet, but I hope UCLA goes gold-blue-gold for the Sun Bowl, and I hope VT goes with an all-white look.

UCLA:

2013-ucla-blue-adidas-football-uniforms-

VT:

107564217_crop_650x440.jpg?1292818799

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Bcq5h0CIIAAbAKh.jpg

I really wish Oregon would make the switch to the apple green full time. It pops so much better than the dark green.

I'd really like to see some kind of hard statistics on how having a jersey made of all those different pieces of fabric is better than using one made of two or three pieces (i.e. simply a piece of fabric for the front, back, shoulders, and sleeves like a normal shirt). I know Nike tries to throw out all these various stats about how it's all lighter and increases moisture wicking because the various fabrics are different and so on. That's all fine. I'm sure it could imperceptibly increase speed, etc. because the material is lighter than their previous iterations. But wouldn't simple logic stand that having less pieces and therefore requiring less thread/stitches make a jersey lighter too? I just don't get why panelling became such a big thing or why this particular jersey needs a big zipper stitch all the way down the front. What's the thinking?

I don't have any hard statistics, but personally I've worn both like 3 piece template Russell jerseys and multiple piece (not pc) template Nike. The Nike jerseys were significantly more comfortable to play in.they were newer matte materials and twill numbers. The Russell ones were screen printed.

So they may not be lighter than they would be of they were less panels, but I'm sure they take into account stretching and flexibility of material in the right areas as well as moisture wicking.

I mean Adidas has a very simple template with light stretchy material, but even their marquee programs wear older templates because of performance. That's gotta tell you something.

Archived