College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone honestly like these ASU helmets better than their classic gold, Sparky helmets?

I love the pitchfork rebrand, but I hate the giant logo on one side/tiny number on the other look. If they just kept the pitchfork on both sides of their helmets it'd be a lot better.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I think the problem with Oregon's colors is that when Nike had them in the BCS Natl. Championship, they wore no school colors, remember? Carbon and VOLT. That "lime green." Since then, volt has become Nike's de facto color. I've got tons of volt stuff because it all matches and there's tons of it.

Tostitos+BCS+National+Championship+Game+

The problem then becomes, besides forest green vs. kelly green , the fact that volt is in many ways a combination of yellow and green. It's neon. So when you have kelly green, forest green, lightning yellow, volt, silver, carbon, black, and white competing ... you almost forget which color is which.

1523096_10153686019700721_1034792036_o.j

On his sweatbands, are the "O" and swoosh volt or yellow? I would say yellow, but at this point, it's so confusing. It's the volt component that really gets to me about Oregon.

Isn't that the point though? Oregon's (or Nike's, depending on how cynical you are) brand is really just anything from the yellow-green and greyscale spectrums? Why have 2/3 school colors when you can have 1/3 of the entire color wheel?

I looked through some pictures and could barely notice the fabric line on the chest.

evc_20131231_Oregon_vs_Texas_163544.jpg

Wow... those look terrible compared to the designer pictures.. they look terrible on the field compared to how sharp they look off the field.

I completely agree. I thought they looked like garbage last night. The wings are just too much and they look tacky because of that material. the template didn't really bother me but I thought the green just looked bad, the color looked off. After seeing them on the field I have to say that this uniform is by far my least favorite from Oregon.

Apparently ucla is wearing their blackout uni today.........welliguessthatsthat.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yes, I agree %100 even Gary and Uncle Vern are hating on them.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Rice is doing their best Oregon impression today

Bc1vTxXCIAAfVcE.jpg

Wow, that's about as blatant as it gets. I am getting tired of these college football trends. One school does something different and then 20 other schools do they exact same thing. Not to mention that one is supposed to be duck wings and the other an owl...and yet they look the same.

I looked through some pictures and could barely notice the fabric line on the chest.

evc_20131231_Oregon_vs_Texas_163544.jpg

Wow... those look terrible compared to the designer pictures.. they look terrible on the field compared to how sharp they look off the field.

I've been saying that for years. Nikadidasarmor always intro these new uniforms with such a carefully controlled, crafted, and meticulously 'shopped image, we always get a wave of people going crazy on social media over the virtual version. And that version, basically, doesn't really exist. Because when the kids wander out on the field as the meat-and-fabric version, you see what the uniform really is. All those shiny parts that look so electric on screen make them look like cheap hookers in person.

It reminds me of the big screen version of Spider-man, with all the CGI flare, vs your buddy showing up at a Halloween party in a Spider-man costume... even if its a really expensive/nice costume, he's still going to look at least vaguely ridiculous.

Not a problem when they keep it simple.

Rice is doing their best Oregon impression today

Bc1vTxXCIAAfVcE.jpg

Wow, that's about as blatant as it gets. I am getting tired of these college football trends. One school does something different and then 20 other schools do they exact same thing. Not to mention that one is supposed to be duck wings and the other an owl...and yet they look the same.

I'm gonna go on a huge limb here. I really like these. The contrast between navy and white looks a lot better than the chrome stuff Oregon tries. I think Rice looks great today.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived