Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

She existed an entire year before he was even close to being a Heisman candidate. There has to be a real explanation to this? Maybe he fell for a hoax, and simply lied about meeting because he was embarrassed over having an online relationship?

I just don't get what he had originally to gain when it was first started.

There are accounts he had no girlfriends at any time in college or high school. Maybe he is gay, and wanted a gf to make it look like he is straight and just got WAY to wrapped up in this fake character.

That does not explain another NFL'er coming out and saying he met her,

I HAVE NO IDEA, is my final consensus

I;d understand if he made her up as a cover but to kill her like that and make a spectacle of her death and expect no one to ask questions?

seems to me like an idea not thought through very well.

She existed for nearly 2 years. If it was the gay thing, why would he kill her off, if it was to get public attention, why kill her off on the same actual day your grandma died?

Either there is no real logical answer to this and it was a hoax that went to far, or he is a REALLY scummy person.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not know what Manti's "first lie" was or when it occurred. We just know that he lied and that there was an enabler who gave him the faux girlfriend.

For Te'o, there are dozens of questions to pose to him, thus why CAA and Tom Condon are trying to piece things together privately with the Notre Dame statements, the statements of Brian Te'o, and Manti himself as best as they can for him. This goes back years and it will take time for them to get every story he gave.

If there was an extortion plot, Notre Dame and it's "investigation" would have given it to the FBI. Swarbrick said that their findings did not need them to do so, so they did not. ND also did not name "the investigators' or the "findings" to again illustrate arrogance in being a private institution. As an institution which no longer has a need for Te'o because he has graduated, they did not need to talk first. Again, Swarbrick has co-signed ND to this story with his tears.

At best, Te'o will be seen as a naive, childlike football player and a victim. At worst, he will be seen as both a liar and someone who is so delusional he is not draftable and suffers from severe schizophrenia.

Press release:

The Florence Freedom are excited to announce one of giveaways fans can look forward to during the 2013 season at UC Health Stadium.

On Thursday, May 23 the Freedom will be giving away the illusive Manti Te’o Girlfriend Bobblehead to the first 1000 fans through the gates.

“This will be the best kind of bobblehead a fan could get,” Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson said. “Because now fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.”

Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that’s where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.

To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.

Fans are also encouraged to bring their real life significant others to the ballpark that night

and enjoy $1 beer or $1 soda during this staple Thirsty Thursday promotion.

I hope this isn't still a story around Memorial Day.

ESPN hid this out of selfishness so they could have a 'feel-good' story going into the BCS championship for ratings. Typical espn.

More people will tune in to a reputation-tarnishing story than a feel good story...

Isn't that what all of society has turned into? The UN scientists can successfully yield enough wheat to end world hunger, and it'll still take a back seat to TMZ reporting Kim Kardashian giving her baby some of Lindsay Lohan's liquor at a nightclub at 5am.

Press release:

The Florence Freedom are excited to announce one of giveaways fans can look forward to during the 2013 season at UC Health Stadium.

On Thursday, May 23 the Freedom will be giving away the illusive Manti Te’o Girlfriend Bobblehead to the first 1000 fans through the gates.

“This will be the best kind of bobblehead a fan could get,” Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson said. “Because now fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.”

Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that’s where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.

To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.

Fans are also encouraged to bring their real life significant others to the ballpark that night

and enjoy $1 beer or $1 soda during this staple Thirsty Thursday promotion.

I hope this isn't still a story around Memorial Day.

So this is imagination land (where you fart when you burp and burp where you fart). Just as scary as Rand McNally (where people where shoes in their hands and burgers eat people).

You just knew this was coming...

In the hours following Deadspin's
about Manti Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend on Wednesday night, social media sites began buzzing with new jokes and social media trends about Te'o. As you likely could have predicted, there is now a social media trend known as "Te'oing."

There is currently
dedicated to Te'oing, which is the act of pretending you have a girlfriend. People have been submitting photos of themselves sitting next to empty chairs, hugging imaginary people and even getting down on one knee and proposing to no one.

People are so stupid. Tebowing, Griffining, Eastwooding and now Te'oing. Are people really this bored? I couldn't find a gif to express how I feel about this.

You were gifining?

I did some digging and found this exclusive picture of Teo's girlfriend --

220px-Snuffy31.jpg

So you're saying she's going to become real at some point? :D

Snuffy became real? When did that happen?

. . . keep in mind I'm 45, so that must have been after my time.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I knew that there was some guy on Notre Dame who was more surrounded by death than the St. Louis Cardinals (sowwie :[ ), but I never really plumbed it any further. I don't follow college sports.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think the concept is so foreign that a hard-working football player would prefer the reduced pressures of an online, long-distance romance to a personal, day-to-day one in the face of daily practices, travel, media commitments and so on.

I do. These are guys in their early twenties with even more testosterone coursing through them than normal. The world is at their disposal and they're just gonna jerk off to twitter messages?

Ding ding ding!

I can't be the only one that didn't even know about this who "dead girlfriend" story before the hoax part all came out...

Can I?

I didn't know about his dead girlfriend (or grandmother, for that matter) either.

I can't be the only one that didn't even know about this who "dead girlfriend" story before the hoax part all came out...

Can I?

I certainly didn't. I don't follow NCAA and I certainly never heard of Manti Te'o before yesterday. But catching up on it has been a lot of fun...

tigercatssignature-1.png

On 1/18/2013 at 9:21 AM, dbadefense1990 said:

I just realized why Te'o had all those missed tackles in the title game; Manti was just hugging his girlfriend.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

At this point, if you're going to make a joke, especially if you saw it on twitter, assume that we've all heard it by now and it won't be funny anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just love it when people that the media hypes up to be heroes end up crashing down to our level or worse. It is a constant reminder to not let the media pick your heroes or cram them down our throat.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I just love it when people that the media hypes up to be heroes end up crashing down to our level or worse. It is a constant reminder to not let the media pick your heroes or cram them down our throat.

Maybe it should be a reminder to stop idolizing other people and/or to stop thinking you know someone because you watch them on TV.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived