Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

You just knew this was coming...

In the hours following Deadspin's
about Manti Te’o and his fake dead girlfriend on Wednesday night, social media sites began buzzing with new jokes and social media trends about Te’o. As you likely could have predicted, there is now a social media trend known as "Te'oing."

There is currently
dedicated to Te'oing, which is the act of pretending you have a girlfriend. People have been submitting photos of themselves sitting next to empty chairs, hugging imaginary people and even getting down on one knee and proposing to no one.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about Manti Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend on Wednesday night, social media sites began buzzing with new jokes and social media trends about Te'o. As you likely could have predicted, there is now a social media trend known as "Te'oing."

There is currently
dedicated to Te'oing, which is the act of pretending you have a girlfriend. People have been submitting photos of themselves sitting next to empty chairs, hugging imaginary people and even getting down on one knee and proposing to no one.

People are so stupid. Tebowing, Griffining, Eastwooding and now Te'oing. Are people really this bored? I couldn't find a gif to express how I feel about this.

about Manti Te'o and his fake dead girlfriend on Wednesday night, social media sites began buzzing with new jokes and social media trends about Te'o. As you likely could have predicted, there is now a social media trend known as "Te'oing."

There is currently

People are so damn stupid. Tebowing, Griffining, Eastwooding and now Te'oing. Are people really this bored? I couldn't find a gif to express how I feel about this.

Well as long as you don't make up a fake gif, then claim it was in a car accident where they discovered it had leukemia and have it die several months later, were good...

:upside:

tigercatssignature-1.png

There is currently

People are so damn stupid. Tebowing, Griffining, Eastwooding and now Te'oing. Are people really this bored? I couldn't find a gif to express how I feel about this.

Thank god.

I think Te'o'ing is rather funny.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

There is currently

Thank god.

I think Te'o'ing is rather funny.

It's the little things that make life worth living...

tigercatssignature-1.png

I hope he gets drafted by the Jets.

He fits in so well with the goofy fail worthy nature of that team.

The Jets circus needs a juggler

He would be more like the illusionist in this case.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

There is currently

The baseball team I worked for this past summer already has a Manti T'eo's Girlfriend Bobblehead Night planned, where you get an empty box. One of the sections in the stadium is for people to sit with their imaginary girlfriends, and there will be an imaginary kiss cam too.

Well I get that people talk over the internet and people get attached, but I just find it bizarre that a Heisman candidate linebacker who plays for Notre Dame, and is literally one of the most well known people in sports this year would become so emotionally attached to a person on the internet, I just find that odd. I mean where exactly did he have the time to just connect with this person over the internet constantly?

The whole story is crazy and confusing. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it.

Edit: Just found this article about what a teammate thinks about it.

http://www.chatsport...ctor-1-7250779#

Even if Teo was duped at some point, he decided to buy into the publicity for some reason and play the story out.

I'd find it hard to believe that his draft stock would drop because of this, I mean its freaking crazy and all but he is a good football player and its not like he has your normal drug/DUI character problems (although its clear he may have some character problems anyways).

1. You understand how a person could become attached in an online relationship but not Manti Te'o because he's Manti Te'o? Makes sense.

2. His draft stock won't drop? Team's worry about way more than on field performance. That's why some of the best athletes who have trouble with the law fall so low or even out of the draft. If he's in on this, he's got so many issues it's not funny. If he got duped, he's incredibly naive. Either way, he'll be ridiculed by players, fans, some media for the rest of his career and even life. Teams are thinking that over and if you think they aren't you're delusional.

1. I just meant he is a praised athlete, its like what everyone else is saying, you would think he could be getting just about anything he wants, why would he choose a girl online that he had never met. Personally, I think its stupid for anyone to have a purely online relationship with someone, where the hell is the fun in that? I mean you must be pretty desperate to call someone the "love of your life" and your relationship was solely based through phone calls and online communication. I was just saying I know it happens, but its very strange that Manti Teo is a person that would do that, not saying it wasn't possible, it is just something I wouldn't expect.

2. I agree with that, my point was I still think he will get drafted and I didn't think his stock would fall too bad but you are right if he is in on it, I'm sure its gonna be a big red flag to NFL teams and he probably will fall in the draft.

Anyways I think he was in on it, its weird that he wouldn't go see her at the hospital too, his whole story just doesn't add up to me.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

In the interest of accuracy, the "E" in ESPN doesn't stand for anything. It used to stand for "entertainment", but it doesn't anymore.

GOD I hate ever so much the idea that things just somehow stop standing for things. Enough of this Orwellian nonsense where we are to believe that entities are assigned sequences of letters that abbreviate nothing to signify everything once they have somehow transcended their original purpose. It's just a stupid cable TV convention more than anything, for now, god willing.

"FBI doesn't stand for anything anymore. While at one point, yes, our primary focus was to be a federal bureau that investigated things, we at FBI [not the FBI; this is important here] now feel that a series of dynamic paradigm shifts have actuated a reimagining of what we are. We've teamed with Burson-Marsteller to better communicate our changing role in a changing world, with our new slogan FBI: Federal, Beyond Investigations."

So, safe to assume you aren't a fan of the ECHL anymore?

(Editor's note: For those that don't know, the formerly-named East Coast Hockey League that combined with the West Coast Hockey League and now has teams in Bakersfield/Fresno/Stockton/Ontario, CA is just called the ECHL. The letters don't mean a damn thing. It's a real thing called "orphan initialism". See: 3M, AARP, AOL, BP, EPCOT, ESPN, KFC, NPR, PNC, SAT, Texas A&M, WWE, among others. None of these things officially means what the initials are for anymore.)

EDIT: and it seems my ECHL thunder (no pun intended, Stockton) has been taken from me.

Not to get too far off track but the ECHL and WCHL didn't combine or merge. The WCHL folded and the ECHL invited them western teams in as expansion members.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

In the interest of accuracy, the "E" in ESPN doesn't stand for anything. It used to stand for "entertainment", but it doesn't anymore.

GOD I hate ever so much the idea that things just somehow stop standing for things. Enough of this Orwellian nonsense where we are to believe that entities are assigned sequences of letters that abbreviate nothing to signify everything once they have somehow transcended their original purpose. It's just a stupid cable TV convention more than anything, for now, god willing.

"FBI doesn't stand for anything anymore. While at one point, yes, our primary focus was to be a federal bureau that investigated things, we at FBI [not the FBI; this is important here] now feel that a series of dynamic paradigm shifts have actuated a reimagining of what we are. We've teamed with Burson-Marsteller to better communicate our changing role in a changing world, with our new slogan FBI: Federal, Beyond Investigations."

So, safe to assume you aren't a fan of the ECHL anymore?

(Editor's note: For those that don't know, the formerly-named East Coast Hockey League that combined with the West Coast Hockey League and now has teams in Bakersfield/Fresno/Stockton/Ontario, CA is just called the ECHL. The letters don't mean a damn thing. It's a real thing called "orphan initialism". See: 3M, AARP, AOL, BP, EPCOT, ESPN, KFC, NPR, PNC, SAT, Texas A&M, WWE, among others. None of these things officially means what the initials are for anymore.)

EDIT: and it seems my ECHL thunder (no pun intended, Stockton) has been taken from me.

Not to get too far off track but the ECHL and WCHL didn't combine or merge. The WCHL folded and the ECHL invited them western teams in as expansion members.

That's what I get for reading a Wikipedia entry too quickly.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If I'm to believe this is an elaborate hoax created by this Ronnie fellow with Te'o having no knowledge of it then who the bloody hell was he talking to for so long? like actually talking to on the phone.

It couldn't be Ronnie, who is the female voice behind this all? I haven't heard anyone ask about it.

Twitter could not have been the only way they "communicated."

Seriously, whos gonna believe anyone that they have a girlfriend whom they never met only via twitter...

Seems to me like Teo and Ron got a bit in over their heads but still... why?

True2OB.png

Not only does this hurt Teo's draft status, it pretty much dooms him to be single for life.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not sure anyone here will find this funny since most of you probably hate the SEC but it got a laugh out of me. Roll Tide.

BAyWyn4CMAA9MKr.jpg

Stop acting as if the McCarron/Webb relationship will last until Memorial Day.

Miss Webb's twitter followers went from 5K top 200K after Brent went "Dirty Uncle Brent" on the nation. She is more popular and sought after than he is. Plus, during that game AJ's momma, really did not seem to like that someone was stealing her college football spotlight as the cleavage showing MILF from all the southern football websites. "Momma McCarron" (I know she has remarried) does not like Webb. Plus when Barrett Jones pushed him back...that equaled "sucka" to the nation and that she will be had quickly. Webb has more to gain being with him than he ever did with her.

Manziel has game (and a win over AJ), AJ is just seen as a little boy with a really bad tattoo who for now has a pretty GF, who has used him like he was a rube.

She existed an entire year before he was even close to being a Heisman candidate. There has to be a real explanation to this? Maybe he fell for a hoax, and simply lied about meeting because he was embarrassed over having an online relationship?

Also if she died, how could she have deleted her twitter account? Several dead celebrities twitter accounts are still there, despite them being dead for years. I say this, because her last known twitter handle was re-activated, and her other account is gone, deleted.

I just don't get what he had originally to gain when it was first started.

There are accounts he had no girlfriends at any time in college or high school. Maybe he is gay, and wanted a gf to make it look like he is straight and just got WAY to wrapped up in this fake character.

That does not explain another NFL'er coming out and saying he met her,

I HAVE NO IDEA, is my final consensus

She existed an entire year before he was even close to being a Heisman candidate. There has to be a real explanation to this? Maybe he fell for a hoax, and simply lied about meeting because he was embarrassed over having an online relationship?

I just don't get what he had originally to gain when it was first started.

There are accounts he had no girlfriends at any time in college or high school. Maybe he is gay, and wanted a gf to make it look like he is straight and just got WAY to wrapped up in this fake character.

That does not explain another NFL'er coming out and saying he met her,

I HAVE NO IDEA, is my final consensus

I;d understand if he made her up as a cover but to kill her like that and make a spectacle of her death and expect no one to ask questions?

seems to me like an idea not thought through very well.

True2OB.png

Archived