Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

Still (to me) the most incomprehensible thing in all of this:

The supposed love of your life is in a hospital for what was it, five months. including over the summer. You're telling me you never once thought to go pay her a visit in the hospital while she's supposedly dying there? You flew back home to Hawaii for vacation but you couldn't stop in Southern California first? Come on.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did say he skyped but it wasn't clear on the other end. A black box is how they described it.

His behavior may seem odd to us in regards to not visiting her in the hospital but that hardly proves guilt.

I think he lied after he knew but only to hide embarrassment and brcause he wasn't clear on the truth. So ANYTHING at that point would be a lie.

i must have been absent from the sports world, i have never heard of him until i saw this thread. so what i gather from this thread, judging from everyone's post that he is supposed to be good possible 1st rounder, i presume, and he fakes a internet relationship and death? maybe he was trolling everyone and playing the victim of trolling? this :censored: is kinda bizarre.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Guess how many people the South Bend Tribune claims Notre Dame talked to in its Manti Te'o investigation? ZERO.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/notre-dames-teo-investigation-was-lacking-in-many-respects/

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Guess how many people the South Bend Tribune claims Notre Dame talked to in its Manti Te'o investigation? ZERO.

http://profootballta...-many-respects/

It is not a claim, the quotes came from Notre Dame's chief spokesman, Dennis Brown.

Why do you think they did not name the firm nor release their report? Telling the public that, "We are a private institution", is the first cop-out.

Let's go back. The South Bend Tribune is also the paper which kissed ND's ass so much they marked out for the backstory and even took down some Te'o stories on Wednesday. Now, they are really clear on who they spoke to.

It's becoming more and more clear that Te'o was in on this, at some point at least, and played it up in the media for attention.

It's becoming more and more clear that Te'o was in on this, at some point at least, and played it up in the media for attention.

Given that this all started long before Notre Dame was a national title contender or Te'o got even a sniff of Heisman consideration, I highly doubt it was originally meant as a publicity stunt, though I wouldn't doubt he and ND milked it for all it was worth once they caught on.

CCSLC signature.png

Te'o admits he lied briefly about girlfriend after he found out she wasn't real.

http://www.washingto..._washingtonpost

I smell more BS.

Maybe, but if he's on the level, imagine being in that position. The embarrassment (particularly as a high-profile athlete) of having to say "oh yeah, turns out I feel for a ruse." I don't think I have to hold this against him forever. Yeah, he milked it more than he should have, but he was in a tough spot. He's young and unless we get other evidence that he was in it from the beginning, I'd rather move on and hope he can overcome this and do well in the NFL.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Okay I'm done with this story. It was funny, but now it's just getting creepy and weird and sad and annoying. And worst of all, it was a big score for Deadspin, and I really dislike Nick Denton's band of neo-Victorian creeps.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It was a big score for true journalism, no matter who the outlet was. Hate Deadspin all you want but don't fault them for doing what others should have done long ago.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

It was a big score for true journalism, no matter who the outlet was. Hate Deadspin all you want but don't fault them for doing what others should have done long ago.

Journalism does not sell advertising if the Manti Te'o tragic love story sold more there was no need to double check or to attempt to interview the girl's family or cover the funeral and obituary.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ok, I'm going to call this before anyone else......

Manti is gay.

And so what, does it make him anymore different than if he wasn't? Yes he will get more press for coming out. But should it matter if he is? He'll still be the same player that plays football and enjoys his life just like everyone else. If he comes out and is gay I say good for him. Right now it's all speculation til he does.

Ok, I'm going to call this before anyone else......

Manti is gay.

And so what, does it make him anymore different than if he wasn't? Yes he will get more press for coming out. But should it matter if he is? He'll still be the same player that plays football and enjoys his life just like everyone else. If he comes out and is gay I say good for him. Right now it's all speculation til he does.

I think it would be great too. But, as someone else alluded to a week ago, having Manti Te'o come out as the first high profile gay athlete (while still playing) could hurt the cause as much it helps (not sure if those are the right words for what I'm trying to say). People are going to hate Te'o, and cover it up with "I don't hate because he's gay, I hate him because he's a liar."

Does that make sense?

Archived