Teams that got it right the FIRST time.

29texan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an odd one here, but if any team got it right the first time, it was the Thrashers. There original set with the T-bird was awesome, and the striping flowed well on both jerseys. I own a Bobby Holik white Thrashers jersey, and i just love it to death.

The home whites were very cool. I never really liked the the road navy look though.

I don't think the Thrashers ever got it right. I think they got it wrong on the first try, and then got more wrong with each subsequent change until they ended up wearing this

Dustin+Byfuglien+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Atlanta+WUK4gW6eXbjl.jpg

Which is why the first set is there best one. Your :welcome: .

Which is why the first set is their best one. You're :welcome: .

Fixed. Also, the title is "Teams that got it right the first time". The Thrashers, in my opinion, never got it right.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think the Thrashers ever got it right. I think they got it wrong on the first try, and then got more wrong with each subsequent change until they ended up wearing this

Dustin+Byfuglien+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Atlanta+WUK4gW6eXbjl.jpg

I actually own one of these. My dad was at a Thrasher game while in Atlanta for business. Being the good guy he is he picked one up for me that does not have a name or number on it.

I think that it actually looks better without the number on the front.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Three-for-Thursday-DC-kits.jpg

...except for that keeper kit. How was that legal?

You're absolutely right. The kit in question is an abomination, and that's putting it nicely.

I ever wondered why they stopped wearing the three stripes on their chest. This was very unique.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

slideshow_1001808942_ThrashersNYrangers_20.jpg

I'm with you on this. Those were fantastic.

Let me get in on this. I loved both inaugural sweaters.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(Unpopular Opinion ALERT) Here's another team i thought that got it right on the first try: The Nashville Predators mustard alternates. Those were great and I'm glad with the shade of yellow now as the primary colour , but I loved that logo and the striping is way better than what they use now.

hi-res-56426451_display_image.jpg?1344977980

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

(Unpopular Opinion ALERT) Here's another team i thought that got it right on the first try: The Nashville Predators mustard alternates. Those were great and I'm glad with the shade of yellow now as the primary colour , but I loved that logo and the striping is way better than what they use now.

I'd like that jersey now with the current shade of gold (since the current uniforms seemed to have dropped the silver).

Pencil me in as someone who liked the Thrasher's first uniforms.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

i think the jersey was fine, but that logo is terrible. looks like a house cat with long teeth, not a saber toothed tiger

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I can probably just say pretty much every franchise in the NHL had a great franchise-defining look as their inaugural uniforms. In fact there's very few I can think of that have actually significantly improved on that initial uniform, outside of maybe the Vancouver Canucks and Dallas Stars.

I disagree. See the Blackhawks and Penguins.

That's why he said "pretty much" ever team.

Re: Thrashers. I never loved the logo, but it wasn't horrible either. Regardless, those sweaters were actually a solid start, especially for a 2000s expansion franchise.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived