Teams that got it right the FIRST time.

29texan

newdevilsred.jpg

New Jersey Devils

No. The Devils are leaps and bounds better in red and black.

They were much better in forest green - which was suppose to represent the "Pine Barrens" where the legendary Jersey Devil lived/lives. They succumbed to the stupid fad of having black in their scheme.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

newdevilsred.jpg

New Jersey Devils

No. The Devils are leaps and bounds better in red and black.

They were much better in forest green - which was suppose to represent the "Pine Barrens" where the legendary Jersey Devil lived/lives. They succumbed to the stupid fad of having black in their scheme.

I'm pretty split on which one I like better. I'd give the red/green the slight nod as being a better look, but the Devils didn't really start getting good until they traded the green in for the black. I look at it as the NHL's version of Buccaneer Bruce. Great look associated with a really terrible chapter in team history.

I do hope that they would bring it back as a full time alternate. I think it deserves at least that distinction.

New Orleans VooDoo of the Arena league.

danny-wimprinejpg-4f645b74b277c909_large.jpg

I keep forgetting about the Arena League. Those, along with the Dallas Desperados were awesome.

Why do these threads end up devolving into people posting their favorite random uniforms that are no longer in use? Might I suggest restricting this to teams that have never changed their logo/uniforms (or minimal changes)?

The point of this thread was to get people to point out what THEY PERSONALLY thought were teams who's first uniforms were their best.

No "restricting" needed.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Why didn't the Ravens ever just flat out give the Eagles the finger and have awesome Raven wings be their helmet decals?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Original ravens logo was a lot better. I'm a steelers fan through and through and like very little about the franchise but they should have worked things out with that security guard instead of stealing his design. Current logo has always been busch in comparison.

+1 for the Avalanche jerseys that worked in the mid 90s and still look sharp today.

I'm partial to the Expos 1st jerseys:

496-larry-jaster.jpg

I love the number placement with the lower-case letters. It's upfront about the fact that this team is a bit more...european...but at the same time it's not goofy enough to be a joke to anyone not from 1969. One of the original white-cap set-ups, and I LOVE the M/elb logo and happy they never abandoned it.

The Canadiens and the Rangers have maintained jerseys since their founding that have stayed largely consistent. For good reason.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Baltimore Ravens got it right in 1996. The current logo is okay, but damn the original set was awesome, especially the away.

82lw81.jpg

72361675_display_image.jpg?1309458316

I thought both the pants and jersey were a little too busy. What's up with that white stripe going down the side of the pants?

Still the helmet logo was awesome. Shame they had to give it up because it was plagiarized. Even more of a sham that the guy who designed the thing got no money for doing so.

Baltimore Ravens got it right in 1996. The current logo is okay, but damn the original set was awesome, especially the away.

As much as I love the logo and the jerseys, I have to disagree. I hate the weird tapered stripes on the helmet that don't go with anything else on the uniform, and the wide white stripe on the pants looked out of place with the purple jersey.

browns-ravens-vinny-testaverde.jpg

Yeah, it has potential, but as is it's in desperate need of a facelift. The first thing I'd do is replace the hockey player (isn't it supposed to be Bobby Hull?) with a jet. Then I'd completely clean up the script.

As for the uniforms themselves, well they look like Rangers knock-offs. That blue sweater IS the Rangers' blue sweater with the Jets' logo and fonts slapped on.

Archived