NFL returning to localized Super Bowl logo in 2014

lmh1194

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story indicates that the "regional" logos, with the stadium in the background is what was featured on the apparel, are going to take a more prominate role.

Then that still sucks. The primary logos are still going to be gradient chrome garbage, just with more local flair. Thumbs down.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The story indicates that the "regional" logos, with the stadium in the background is what was featured on the apparel, are going to take a more prominate role.

Then that still sucks. The primary logos are still going to be gradient chrome garbage, just with more local flair. Thumbs down.

Wait; so we still have this current abomination logo system rather than the unique awesome style of pre-SB 44 that we all loved???

lukecriesuh7.jpg

This is one of those stories where I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed by it.

You wouldn't think so but…

…here we are.

This is a case of a misleading headline. Sorry to burst bubbles.

Another way the league is hoping to boost sales of generic (non-team specific) Super Bowl-licensed products is by returning to the use of a Super Bowl logo that incorporates local elements. Over the past three years, the Super Bowl logo has been decidedly generic: a Lombardi Trophy image atop the appropriate Roman numeral. For Super Bowl XLVIII, it will revert to being regionalized, combining the trophy with an image of MetLife Stadium and some of New York’s most recognizable buildings.

sb2014.png

This is a case of a misleading headline. Sorry to burst bubbles.

Another way the league is hoping to boost sales of generic (non-team specific) Super Bowl-licensed products is by returning to the use of a Super Bowl logo that incorporates local elements. Over the past three years, the Super Bowl logo has been decidedly generic: a Lombardi Trophy image atop the appropriate Roman numeral. For Super Bowl XLVIII, it will revert to being regionalized, combining the trophy with an image of MetLife Stadium and some of New York’s most recognizable buildings.

sb2014.png

I knew not to get to excited opening this thread.Wow added building, that will improve merchandise sales. <_< Although the new WTC in the back is a nice touch.

This thread had my hopes so high, but of course that idiot Goodell wouldn't do something right.

Had it not been for the past few years being identical, and the NY being so close to it, the NY would be freaking sweet. I love the skyscrapers.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived