College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

I don't think a team named the "Orange" can wear another color besides orange.

The football team also wears dark blue as their primary colored (home) jersey. And I think the lacrosse and women's hoops also wear dark blue occassionally. I am not saying they should do that every road or neutral game. At least a couple of times. But Boeheim apparently does not like his team wearing them (since they lost to Notre Dame in 2008 wearing them). But hopefully they will have a change of heart.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a new bear logo or have I just been living under a rock the past four years?

naw more like 4 weeks, just added when they did the football unis, but no yellow jersey?? come on cal!!!

They could still have them. nike was delayed in getting them these, so maybe they are still waiting on the yellows.

• 1 month later...

I disagree, I think Georgia's new uniforms are really sweet. Hundred times better than the old ones. The question is can they have newfound success in their new jerseys?

BTW: Does anybody think the players NOB on the uniforms have the same font of the Minnesota Vikings? (Which I really like a lot).

The font change is a downgrade. The former bball uniforms featured an already original font...flawless, and the 'G' in the old font was a compressed version of the power G logo, so it fit perfectly.

New change is lateral. I'm not too fond of the new wordmarks.

New court for Old Dominion.

581282_10151471201310994_1322920655_n.jpg

So now everyone is going to do the state thing, huh? Great.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Honestly like the new font for the football uniforms, but think these are a downgrade:

Screen-shot-2013-04-02-at-2.16.15-PM.png

new-georgia-basketball-unis.jpg

These uniforms will always be my favorite:

5129484a4c31d.preview-300.jpg

Those gray jerseys were great. Match the football pants stripe obviously. The jerseys from a couple of years ago (the last year with thompkins and leslie) were the best uga basketball jerseys in recent memory, the recent simplification of the side striping was a downgrade (it removed a lot of the silver trim).

AD44_SEC_Georgia_Alabama_B_Blay.jpg

That being said the new font is a big improvement.

The question is can they have newfound success in their new jerseys?

Haha! No!

My wish for next season is that Syracuse start wearing these again for at least couple of games.

large_flynnblueunnies.jpg

That is all!!

I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible; that would be very bad. They only made the navy blue jersey just to sell merchandise, but it looks absolutely hideous and does not reflect on the school's basketball program whatsoever.

If the Cuse were to bring back jerseys, it would be the grays from 2012. These were FRESH.

20120222_ter_bk3_114_extra_large_large.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

My wish for next season is that Syracuse start wearing these again for at least couple of games.

That is all!!

I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible; that would be very bad. They only made the navy blue jersey just to sell merchandise, but it looks absolutely hideous and does not reflect on the school's basketball program whatsoever.

If the Cuse were to bring back jerseys, it would be the grays from 2012. These were FRESH.

Oh god no. We'll never see anything navy again given the fact any time Cuse wore navy under Boeheim we lost (even though I do feel it looks sharp), but yeah no platinum please. Or anthracite. I already lived through that nightmare in lacrosse (/points to avatar).

For what it's worth, rumor has it both SU football and basketball are getting new uniforms with the move to the ACC, so we shall see if that's going to be the case

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That is all!!

Oh god no. We'll never see anything navy again given the fact any time Cuse wore navy under Boeheim we lost (even though I do feel it looks sharp), but yeah no platinum please. Or anthracite. I already lived through that nightmare in lacrosse (/points to avatar).

For what it's worth, rumor has it both SU football and basketball are getting new uniforms with the move to the ACC, so we shall see if that's going to be the case

I totally agree on no longer wearing anthracite (or gray). They look extremely hideous.

FWIW: I am a sucker on loving the orange/navy blue combos. Besides Syracuse, I also have a soft spot for other schools wearing the orange/navy combos like Virginia, Illinois, Auburn, etc. I think it blends in really cool and well compared to other color combos. I think it is a very underrated color combo, and I am kinda surprised there is not many other schools follow that combo as well. But I love that look.

If Syracuse does change new uniforms for the move to the ACC, I would like to see them have an updated look for the uniforms that they wore from 1997-04, especially from the 2003 national title era. For white jerseys, more navy in the numerals and the NOB lettering, and combine it well with the orange trim. Those were awesome and the best looks Syracuse had during the Nike era. Orange away jerseys have it simple. White numbers and NOBs, and less gray for crying out loud. In fact, eliminate it altogether would make my day. And I still hope for an alternate navy jersey, with orange numbers and NOBs, that could really put a smile on my face. Unfortunately, it appears Boeheim will never allow them to wear them because it likely mean a guaranteed loss in their standings. But strange things has happened.

it's a new season, therefore there will be a new uniform design for the university of louisville fighting cardinals. i can say with some degree of confidence (meaning 51%) that there will NOT be any sort of championship commemorating on-court special uniform.

if we go with the sleeved look i wouldn't mind. i was probably one of very few who liked the sleeved look from the outset. a dunking cardinal would be nice, but if there is one element that needed to change it had to be the number font. i hated that look.

Archived